Remember Mom's special grilled chicken recipe for an all-time-hit dinner? Lime and ginger chicken is just something like that. This deliciously healthy chicken recipe has less than 10 ingredients and less than 100 calories! Lime and ginger chicken is something that needs little preparation time. You can decide to prepare this grilled chicken recipe at any time because all the ingredients are right there in your kitchen.
Lime and ginger chicken is something for dieters to cherish
because it is an extremely healthy recipe that you can savour
without guilt (of putting on weight). As most modern homes have
micro-ovens instead of ovens, we have provided you with the
microwave recipe for making lime and ginger grilled
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Whole chicken- 1 about 800 grams (skinned)
- Lemon- 2 (halved)
- Ginger- 50 grams (ground)
- Pepper- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Olive oil- 2tbsp
- Parsley or coriander leaves- 1 cup (chopped)
1. Wash the entire chicken including the insides and pat it dry.
2. Make small and deep incisions into it. This is to allow the chicken to absorb the spices.
3. Rub salt on the entire length of the chicken. Follow this up by rubbing the halves of lemon into the chicken.
4. Put a layer of ground ginger on the chicken carefully. Make sure you stick some ginger paste into the incisions you have made.
5. Drizzle pepper on all sides of the chicken evenly. Now put the marinated chicken into the refrigerator for an hour or 45 minutes.
6. Pre-heat the microwave to 250 degrees before you start the grilling.
7. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, drain the water that must have oozed from it and drizzle some fresh spices.
8. Add some more lemon juice, pepper and salt to chicken just before you grill it.
9. Now stick a stake (skewer) through the centre of the marinated chicken. Drizzle olive oil on it.
10. Now grill the chicken on 80 per cent power for 20 minutes.
11. If you have a rotating grill then there is no need to turn the chicken. If not then you will have to change sides for even cooking.
12. Give it standing time of about 10 to 15 minutes. Then remove from the stake with the help of forks and garnish with chopped parsley.
You can serve lime and ginger grilled chicken with mashed potatoes or any salad of your choice.