If you love mashed potatoes anyway, then imagine how delicious garlic flavoured mashed potatoes would be? Garlic has an intoxicating flavour and when you combine it with a normal mashed potatoes recipe, you get the special delicacy called garlic mashed potatoes. This mashed potato recipe is best complimented with a special homemade mustard sauce.
The only extra step in this mashed potato recipe is the one
where you add crushed garlic to the boiled potatoes. Garlic mashed
potatoes with a homemade mustard mix is an ideal brunch recipe for
a lazy holiday.
Preparation Time 40 minutes
Ingredients For Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Potatoes- 4 (boiled)
- Garlic pods- 8 (crushed)
- Butter- 50 grams
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Ground pepper- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
1. Pressure cook the potatoes and garlic for the duration of 10 minutes or 2 whistles on a gas oven.
2. When all the steam is let out, stain the water and let the potatoes cool. When they are cool enough, peel them.
3. Mash the boiled potatoes and garlic with the back of a serving spoon.
4. Melt the butter in a pan. When it melts completely transfer the mashed mix of potatoes and garlic to the pan.
5. Stir the mixture to make it homogeneous. Add the milk and keep stirring.
6. Keep the pan on low flame for 5 minutes as the milk soaks into the mashed potatoes.
7. When the consistency is moist and sticky, season it with pepper and remove from flame.
Ingredients For Mustard Sauce
- Mustard seeds- 4thsp (soaked overnight)
- Vinegar- 1 cup
- Green chillies- 4 (soaked in vinegar over night)
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
1. Soak mustard seeds in water the night become you will make this sauce.
2. Chop the green chillies into 1/2 inch pieces and soak them in vinegar the night before you will try this recipe.
3. Strain the mustard seeds from the water and make a paste out of it in the blender.
4. When you prepare the mashed potatoes, simultaneously place a pan on the gas over. Warm olive oil in it.
5. Pour the mustard paste into the warm oil, add salt and let it cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
6. Then pour the chillies and vinegar into the pan. Leave it on simmer for 10 minutes as the sauce soaks up the vinegar.
7. Stir occasionally to avoid lumps.
Serve the garlic flavoured mashed potatoes and mustard sauce with sausages or salami sandwiches.