Try this chicken stew recipe any time you are feeling lazy and tired of eating out. Apart from the welcome change, it is very versatile because you can use almost any vegetables in this chicken stew.
Ingredients For Easy Chicken Stew:
1. Chicken 400 grams (skinned and boneless cubed into medium sized pieces)
2. Carrots 4 (chopped)
3. Onion 1 (chopped finely)
4. Garlic 6 cloves (whole)
5. Ginger 1 inch (cut into thin strips)
6. Potatoes 2 (peeled and cubed)
7. Mushrooms 4-6 (diced)
8. Peas 1 bowl
9. Pepper corns 4-5
10. Cloves 2
11. Ground pepper 1 tablespoon
12. Thyme or oregano 1 teaspoon (optional)
13. Celery stalks or coriander leaves 4
14. Butter 1 tablespoon
Procedure For Easy Chicken Stew:
- Chop all the vegetables; wash, dry and keep them ready.
- Melt butter in a pressure cooker. Season it with peppercorns and cloves.
- Saute the onions in it for 4- 5 minutes on low flame. When it starts turning brown add the garlic cloves and ginger strips.
- After cooking for 3 more minutes add the chicken. Saute for3 to 4 minutes so that the chicken starts releasing oils.
- The remaining vegetables can be added now and they will cook in the fat of the chicken for the next 4 minutes.
- Drizzle salt, pepper and any extra spice like thyme or oregano that you want to use; mix it well and add at least 5 cups of water.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for the duration of 3 whistles on medium flame.
You can serve this easy to make chicken stew garnished with chopped celery.