skin are more prone to it. Prolonged standing or over weight can also lead to such problems. Here is an easy but effective homemade cure for cracked heels.
Easy Care For Cracked Heels
Well, if you can spare less time for yourself then, here is an easy remedy to cure cracked heels at home:
- Take lukewarm water and add a few drops of lemon into it. Dip your feet in it for 5-6 minutes, and then pat dry. Apply a moisturizer before going to bed.
- Add few drops of a mild shampoo in lukewarm water and soak your feet in it for some time. Rub it with a pumice stone. The stone is a natural foot scrub that removes all the dry skin cells thus, making it smooth and soft. Do not forget to apply a moisturizer or oil to your feet after this.
- Care for your cracked heels in an easy way by simply rubbing your toes regularly with a pumice stone while taking a bath and applying an oil or moisturizer thereafter.
- Dry skin is one of the primary reasons behind having cracked heels. So, always moisturize your feet especially before going to bed.
- Honey also work wonders for your feet. Add 2-3 drops of honey and few drops of lemon juice in lukewarm water. Then soak your feet in this solution for about 8-10 minutes. Wash with clean water and pat dry and moisturise with olive or almond oil.
- Soak your feet in a mixture of lukewarm water and baking soda (1-2 tbsp). Baking soda removes dead skin cells and dirt from the feet. It is a natural foot care ingredient to prevent foot infections. Use this procedure once or twice a week to cure cracked heels and get soft, clean and whiter feet.
Monsoon Foot Care
Monsoon is a time when you can easily develop fungal or bacterial infections in your feet. Infections set in easily as, most of the times our feet remains wet. Wash your feet with soap and water properly after coming from outside. Rub it dry with a clean towel. Avoid wearing leather shoes as infections are more prone to occur in this case. Diabetic people develop infections easily. Hence they should maintain a proper foot care regime to avoid cracked heels.
Do's and Dont's
1. Do not use a razor to shave off the rough or dry skin from your feet. It can cause severe infection or bleeding.
2. Always wear slippers at home and clean your toes regularly.
So, if you are tired of visiting your salon every time for a pedicure, then try out the above mentioned easy cures for cracked heels. It is surely going to benefit you.