We are not perfect, far from it. We are not that perfect size zero, come with rolls and rolls of flab and the much-talked-about thigh gap seems more of a myth than anything. And with no thigh gap, a pound or two of extra weight and the long hours spent in skinny jeans can invariably lead to only one thing, hyper pigmentation in your inner thighs.
Skin on your inner thighs darken when the melanin level elevates, when you wear tight fitting clothes or when chaffing occurs. And just because it is out of sight, does not mean it is out of mind.
And before you take the easy way out by opting for the first product you can find, why not raid your kitchen first. Ingredients from your kitchen will be safe, easy on the skin and can save you quite a few bucks.
When it comes to getting rid of dark inner thighs, the only ingredients we can think of are rose water, lemon and glycerin. Here is why.
Rosewater is a strong cleanser that works to remove oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores, while leaving your skin soft and smooth.
Packed with citric acid and vitamin C, lemon acts as a natural bleach, which will not just lighten and brighten the skin, but also reduce blemishes, if any.
Glycerin, on the other hand, is an organic compound composed of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. It restores the skin's PH balance, lightens the skin tone, kills infection-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation.
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of glycerin
- 4 to 5 drops of organic rose water
Also Read: Home Remedies To Whiten Buttocks
Direction To Use:
- Mix lemon juice and glycerin in a bowl and stir in the rose water. Whisk until all the components combine. Dip a cotton ball in the solution and gently dab onto your inner thigh.
- Leave it on overnight and wash it clean in the morning. Pat it dry.
- Store the remaining solution in an air tight container and place it in the refrigerator. Use it as and when required. One batch will easily last you a week.
Skip using soap on your inner thighs for a week. If you tend to sweat a lot in your groin region, try sprinkling talcum powder on the area. If you have any more tips, don't forget to share it in the comment section below!