- 10 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 15 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 19 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 21 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
vanmaiyu lellaan thalai
A king, wise enough to have men of greater wisdom than he to advise him,
Shall be a really powerful ruler.
V V S Iyer translates the kural in Biblical language as follows:
“If those that are worthier than thyself have become thy intimates, thou hast acquired a strength, before which all other strength paleth".
It needs a certain greatness in the king himself, to recognise and be intimate with great men of true learning and ability and to abide by their advice. In his Arthasastra, Kautilya also underscores the same idea, dealing with the need for the eking to cultivate friendship with the elders. (Book I, Ch.5)
this strength of able friends on his side will prove to be more powerful than all the vast armies and impregnable fortresses, according to Parimel Azhagar.