- 4 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 4 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 4 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 5 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- News Red Fort Violence Case: Delhi court denies actor Deep Sidhu's custody to police
- Education GIC Admit Card 2021 For Officer Scale I Released
- Sports IPL 2021: Chennai Super Kings skipper MS Dhoni adds another feather to his cap
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz EQB Electric SUV Revealed: Important Addition To Mercedes-Benz’s EV Lineup
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Movies Prachi Desai Recalls Being Replaced For Not Doing Raunchy Scenes, Says ‘It’s Nothing New To Me’
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Inso linithe aram.
Gift becomes a virtue when it is given spontaneously,
With cheerful countenance and kind words.
The essence of the virtue of giving comprises of a kindly look, pleasing words and sincere heart, but it is not a question of stage-acting. All this should be prompted by a spontaneity and genuine consideration for the feelings of the affected man, and calculated to give him relief. Only then it will achieve the purpose for which it is intended. Otherwise it will just hurt like Johnson's silver, as against Goldsmith's boiled potato. Kind hearts are certainly more valuable than coronets, as felicitously stated by Tennyson.
That is why Valluvar himself said in another context, with reference to the extremely sensitive nature of guests in Kural 90.
Moapakk kulaiyum anichcham muhanthirindhu
Noakkak kulaiyum virundhu
The opposite picture of a hostess, face blossoming like a lotus at the sight of a guest has been painted by Kambar in the following lines.
kalingu mangaiyar mugamaenap polindhana kamalam