- 5 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- 6 hrs ago Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- 8 hrs ago Ganga Dussehra 2020: Here’s The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 8 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 31 May To 6 June
- News Delhi govt seeks Rs 5,000 crore from Centre to pay employees' salaries: Sisodia
- Sports Former Supreme Court judge to hear Umar Akmal's appeal against three-year ban
- Movies Roopa Ganguly Aka Draupadi Says Trains Used To Stop At Stations So People Could Watch Mahabharat
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Matraiya thaettraa thavar.
The following translation is an adaptation of K Srinivasan"s:
They who cherish the art of fraud
Will perish by their own actions.
The word 'alavu' has been used by the poet in different contexts in the last four Kurals. I have consistently taken it to mean the 'norms of righteousness" or the 'correct sense of values".
The idea of the Kural, therefore, is that a person who indulges in fraudulent actions would, in due course, destroy himself by doing things in contravention of the code of righteousness.