- 30 min ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 1 hr ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 1 hr ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- 1 hr ago Sushant Singh Rajput’s And Sanjana Sanghi’s Dil Bechara Fashion Is Simple And So Relatable
- Movies Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case: Mumbai Police Takes CCTV Footage Of Actor's Building Into Custody
- News LiL ‘Goodness’ introduces hearty-fresh meals for those with medical needs
- Sports With no crowds, T20 World Cup doesn't make any financial sense to Australia; IPL 2020 better option: Murali Kartik
- Technology Poco M2 Pro Review: Another Redmi Phone With Identity Crisis
- Automobiles Hyundai Click To Buy Witnesses 20,000 Registrations, 1,900 Bookings Since Launch
- Finance Gold Price Fall By A Tad; Hold On To Rs. 48000/10 Gm Levels
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Shani Jayanti marks the birth anniversary of Lord Shani (Saturn). He is known to be one of the sons of Lord Surya (Sun) and rewards or punishes people according to their deeds. Every year his birth anniversary is observed on the Chaturdashi of Krishna Paksha in the month of Vaisakh. This year the date falls on 22 May 2020. To know more about this day in detail, scroll down the article below to read more.
Muhuruta And Puja Timings
Every year the Shani Jayanti is celebrated on the Amavasya (new moon day) of Vaisakh month. This year the Amavasya tithi will begin at 09:35 pm on 21 May 2020 while it will end at 11:08 pm on 22 May 2020. During this time, devotees of Lord Shani can worship him and observe a fast. However, those who want to observe a fast will observe it on 22 May 2020.
Rituals For Shani Jayanti
- On this day, devotees must wake up early in the morning and carry out their daily routine.
- After this, they should clean their house and place of worship.
- After taking a bath and wearing clean clothes, devotees should bathe the idol using Gangajal, oil or ghee.
- Offer a necklace made up of Navratna, the 9 precious gems.
- Now perform 'Tailabhishekam' which is an offering of oil to the idol. This will protect you from negative vibes and evil energies.
- Pray to Lord Shani and seek forgiveness for your wrong deeds. You can also ask him to protect your family and guide you during the tough times.
- Chant Shani Strotra after offering prayers. The Shani Strotra is said to have immense power.
- People suffering from immense troubles can perform Havana or Yajna on this day.
- After you are done with Puja, offer jaggery to ants.
- If possible, donate black cloth, black sesame seeds or mustard oil to the poor people.
Significance Of Shani Jayanti
- Lord Shai blesses one with a peaceful and prosperous life. He removes obstacles from one's life.
- Devotees believe that Lord Shani has a great influence on one's life and therefore, they must pray to the deity.
- Those who are suffering from Sadhesaati, a time period of seven and a half years that brings a lot of challenges, hardships and troubles in one's life, must worship Lord Shani on this day and seek his blessings.