- 5 hrs ago Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- 10 hrs ago Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- 24 hrs ago Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- 24 hrs ago Kriti Sanon Looks Fresh And Radiant In Her Vibrant Orange Dress; Take A Look At Her Orange Eye Shadow Too!
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Boxer Manish Kaushik bows out of Olympics after defeat to Luke McCormack
- Finance Bank Holiday Alert: Check Complete List of Bank Holidays In August 2021 Here
- News PM Modi must make statement in Parliament, clarify whether snooping was done: Chidambaram on Pegasus row
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna is 'Back For A Day' for Mission Majnu, Read On!
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Automobiles Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
In Hindu Mythology, the Purnima (full moon) in the month of Ashada is observed as the Guru Purnima. It is a day dedicated to teachers and mentors. This festival is also observed by Buddhists and Jains across the world. Guru Purnima is considered to be one of the most auspicious festivals in Hinduism. This year the festival falls on 23 and 24 July. Today we are going to tell you more about this festival. Scroll down the article to read more.
Muhurta For Guru Purnima
This year it will be observed on 24 July. The Purnima Tithi begins at 10:43 AM on 23 July 2021, and Purnima Tithi ends at 08:06 AM on 24 July 2021. People can perform the rituals during this muhurta.
Significance Of Guru Purnima
● The festival is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of Ved Vyasa, a great sage and the author of the Mahabharata. He was also a key figure in Mahabharata.
● He has also written the 18 Hindu Puranas and edited the four Vedas.
● The reason why people celebrate the birth anniversary of Ved Vyasa as the Guru Purnima is that the sage was a great teacher. A number of students came to study in his Gurukul and learn from him.
● People on this day, pay tribute to their teachers and mentors for providing them knowledge and guidance.
● Buddhists believe that Lord Buddha gave his first-ever preaching on this auspicious day. Lord Buddha was a prince and He renounced his kingdom to walk on the path of spirituality and attain enlightenment.
● Devotees of Lord Buddha, therefore, celebrate this festival to worship Lord Buddha and take a cue from his teachings.
● Devotees of Lord Shiva believe that He taught about Yoga and other important life lessons to Saptarishi on this day Ashada Purnima.