- 5 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 6 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 7 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Sports IPL 2021: Last two games we’ve adjusted to the conditions: Sam Curran after CSK’s win over RR
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Vinayaka Chaturthi is a day dedicated to Lord Ganesha, the God of Wisdom and Fortune. The festival is celebrated in every Hindu month. In October 2020, the festival will be observed on 20 October. The date coincides with Chaturthi in Navratri. Devotees of Lord Ganesha worship on this day to seek his blessings and get rid of all sorts of problems in their lives. Today we are going to tell you more about this day in detail.
Muhurat For Vinayaka Chaturthi
The festival is celebrated on the Chaturthi in Shukla Paksha of the Ashwin month. This year the date falls on 20 October 2020. The muhurat of Chaturthi will begin at 02:07 pm on 19 October 2020 and will end at 11:43 am on 20 October 2020. The puja muhurat will begin at 10:19 am and will end at 11:18 am on the same date.
- It is believed that Lord Ganesha was born during the afternoon. Therefore, the deity is worshipped during the afternoon on this date.
- Devotees should wake up early in the morning and bathe after freshening up.
- Wear clean clothes and then take the resolution to observe the fast.
- The puja is performed in the afternoon and after that one can perform the puja only in the evening.
- Worship the deity by first lighting a Diya, then giving a holy bath to Lord Ganesha. After this, put on new clothes on the idol and apply a tilak of vermillion on the idol.
- Offer Durva (twitchgrass) to idol along with the offerings that you have prepared for Lord Ganesha.
- Now perform aarti of the deity and offer prayers.
- After you have worshipped the deity, make sure you offer jal to Lord Ganesha in the evening.
- After this, you need to offer jal to the moon and offer prayers to Lord Ganesha and Moon.
- Now you can do the Paran and break your fast.
- According to the Hindu calendar, chaturthi comes twice in every month.
- The Chaturthi tithi in the Shukla Paksha after the Amavsya Tithi is known as the Vinayak Chaturdashi.
- However, the Vinayaka Chaturthi in the month of Bhadrapada is considered to be the most important. This is because Lord Ganesha was born in this month.
- In Hindu mythology, Lord Ganesha is considered to be quite important. People worship Lord Ganesha before initiating any important and auspicious work.
- It is believed that worshipping Lord Ganesha before beginning any work can bring good fortune to that person.