- 6 hrs ago Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- 7 hrs ago Republic Day 2021: Inspiring Slogans And Quotes By Freedom Fighters
- 8 hrs ago Parineeti Chopra Slays Like A Boss In A Black Pantsuit And Makes A Powerful Statement
- 9 hrs ago Benefits Of Mindful Eating And Ways To Make Your Mealtime A Healthy And Rewarding Experience
- Movies Sudeep Starrer Phantom Has Now Been Titled As Vikrant Rona; Logo Launch To Take Place At The Burj Khalifa
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Education IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Released, Check RRB Office Assistant Prelims Result Link
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Automobiles Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Dev Uthani Ekadashi is an important Hindu festival observed in the Hindu month of Kartik. The festival is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is considered one of the most important Ekadashis falling in a year. This year the Dev Uthani Ekadashi will be observed on 25 November 2020. It is said that on this day Lord Vishnu wakes up from His four months of sleep. Devotees of Lord Vishnu will be observing a fast on this day. In order to know more about this day, scroll down the article to read more.
Date And Muhurat
Dev Uthani Ekadashi is observed on the Ekadashi tithi of Shukla Paksha in the Hindu month of Kartik. This year the date falls on 25 November 2020. The muhurat for the Dev Uthani Ekadashi will begin at 02:42 pm on 25 November 2020 and will stay till 05:10 pm on 26 November 2020.
Rituals Of Dev Uthani Ekadashi
- On this day, devotees of Lord Vishnu should wake up early and clean their houses.
- After this, they should take a bath and wear new or clean clothes.
- Then put an idol of Lord Vishnu on a clean platform and give a holy bath to it.
- Offer sugarcane, bael leaves and conch shells to Lord Vishnu.
- Offer prayers to the deity and then plant a Tulsi plant on the entrance of your house or at any other place of your house.
- Then perform the marriage rituals of Lord Shaligram, one of the manifestations of Lord Vishnu and Tulsi.
- Offer radish, amla, sweet potatoes and Ber fruit to the deity and seek His blessings.
- The festival marks the end of Chaturmas, the four months period during which Lord Vishnu is believed to be in a deep sleep.
- On Dev Uthani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu wakes up from His deep sleep and takes charge of looking after the universe.
- It is after Dev Uthani Ekadashi, auspicious works such as marriages, mundan, house warming ceremony and naming ceremony begins.
- People begin their auspicious work right after Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
- The day is also known as Tulsi Vivah, the day on which Tulsi was married to Lord Shaligram.
- On this day, people worship Lord Vishnu with conch shells.