- 4 hrs ago Erythritol: Health Benefits And Side Effects
- 4 hrs ago International Men's Day 2019: Things You Can Do To Make Your Man Feel Special
- 4 hrs ago This Winter Season, Keep Your Nail Game Strong With These Superb Trending Colours
- 6 hrs ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- News Vodafone Idea, Airtel to raise mobile service rates from December amid financial crunch
- Technology Redmi Note 8 With 3GB RAM To Be Launched Soon In India: Price And Availability
- Sports Hope X1 Racing League revives stagnant Indian motorsport scene: Karthikeyan
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh Joins The Cast Of John Abraham And Jacqueline Fernandez Starrer Attack
- Finance Should You Get An Insurance To Cover Possible Loss Of Car Keys?
- Automobiles Land Rover Off-Road Driving Experience: The "Above & Beyond Tour 2019’ Comes To Bangalore
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Kartik Purnima is a significant day in many religions. This year, Kartik Purnima falls on Tuesday, November 12. For Hindus, while the day is important because of the spiritual reasons and beliefs associated with it, the significance increases because it is the last such festival of the year, when a holy bath can be performed by them.
Hindus firmly believe in washing away the sins ever committed by mistake, through a holy bath in a sacred river. It is said that all the paap karmas or the sins committed throughout the year can be washed away on this festival. Occurring this year on 12 November 2019, let us know a little more about Kartik Purnima 2019.
Moon Will Enter Taurus
Moon will enter the Taurus sign on this day and the rays of both the Sun and the Moon will fall straight on the water of the river Ganga, thus deeming it purer spiritually. Hence, it is said that nectar rains from the sky on this day. It is this nectar, the benefits of which will be accrued by those who perform Ganga snaan this year.
Welcome Goddess Lakshmi
The day is also considered auspicious for a Puja for gaining wealth. Hence, we should offer prayers to Goddess Lakshmi as well. The house must be properly cleaned; the main entrance of the house should be decorated. Also, draw a Swastika at the entrance. Thus, you can welcome Goddess Lakshmi and get her blessings.
Significance Of Sighting Moon On Purnima
There is a belief that we should not forget to get a sight of the Purnima Moon. Its mere sight is believed to shower divine positive effects on you. Prepare Kheer and offer it to the Moon outside along with Mishri Prasad.
The day is considered more auspicious because of the significance of donations on this day. After taking bath in the Ganga, one should perform Deepdaan at the banks of the river. This adds to the good luck coming in your life.
Puja Of Lord Vishnu And Goddess Lakshmi
Lord Vishnu is also worshipped along with Goddess Lakshmi. A Purnima is always considered for Satyanarayan Puja. Lord Satyanarayan is just another form of Lord Vishnu. A Path known as Satyanarayan Path is narrated during Satyanarayan Puja on Kartik Purnima. Besides this, one should worship Tulsi as well.