- 6 hrs ago Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- 7 hrs ago Streax Professional Retro Remix Launch: Recreate Sonakshi's Shimmery Retro Look
- 7 hrs ago Nusrat Jahan & Mimi Chakraborty Inspire Us To Change The Way We Think About Parliament Fashion
- 7 hrs ago 8 Best Lifestyle Changes To Help Control Diabetes
- Movies Abhirami Venkatachalam Conveys Her Feelings To Kavin; Shocking Developments In Bigg Boss Tamil 3!
- Technology Over 204 Million WiFi Enabled Devices Sold In India In 2018: Reports
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Australia clinch semi-final spot as England lose again
- News PM Modi tears into Congress, says ‘People outside the family don’t get recognition’
- Automobiles BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Gyan Panchami falls on the fifth fortnight after the Purnima of the Kartik month. It is also known as the day on which the six-day long festival of Diwali concludes. It is also known as Sowbhagya Labh Panchami. Sowbhagya means good luck and Labh is another word for benefit; thus, Gyan Panchami is known as the giver of good luck.
One should offer prayers to Lord Shiva and Lord Ganesha on this day. While Lord Shiva blesses the family and the professional life, it is Lord Ganesha who removes the obstacles if any, from life.
Gyan Panchami 2018
This year Gyan Panchami will be observed on 12 November 2018. The morning and evening timings to perform the Puja would be as given below:
8:30 am to 10:15 am and 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Here is how you should observe the day. Read on.
Prepare The Altar
Place a small stool in the northeast direction of your house. Cover one-third part of the stool with a green cloth, the other one-third part with a white cloth and the third part with a red cloth. Place the idol of Lord Ganesha on the green-coloured cloth, that of Goddess Lakshmi with Shri Yantra on the red cloth and an idol of Lord Shiva and Shiva Yantra on the white-coloured piece of cloth.
What To Offer
Apply tilak on all the idols. Use Gaulochan as tilak for Lord Ganesha, vermilion for Goddess Lakshmi and sandalwood paste for Lord Shiva. You can offer flowers to all the deities. Offering Bilwa leaves to Lord Shiva, Durva grass to Lord Ganesha and Ashoka leaves to Goddess Lakshmi is considered auspicious.
Bhog And Mantra
Take some sweet and dry fruits in a bowl as bhog. Chant the below-mentioned mantra, one rosary (japamala) of each.
Mantra for Lord Ganesha: Om Vakratundaya Hum
Mantra for Goddess Lakshmi: Om Klim Dhanyalakshmyay Namah
Mantra for Lord Shiva: Om Sadashivaay Namah
Recite the arti after this and give the bowl of bhog to a poor person.
Significance Of Purvashada Nakshatra On This Day
It is said that one should also offer prayers to an Ashoka tree and donate utensils during the Purvashadha Nakshatra on this day. Purvashada Nakshatra is the name of a constellation which will appear in the sky at least once every month. The time during which this constellation would appear in November is from 12:02 am on 12 November to 2:38 am on 13 November.