- Technology Vivo V27 Tipped to Feature MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC, High-End Sony Camera Sensors
- News Muslim women can only approach family court for divorce, not Shariat Council: Madras HC
- Finance Union Budget 2023- What Is In It For The NRIs?
- Movies BB16: Kamya Slams Archana For Her Performance During Torture Task; Says ‘One Doesn’t Need To Be Inhuman’
- Sports ISL Preview: Kerala Blasters aim to solidify playoff standing as East Bengal FC look to gain positives
- Travel Ultimate Ancient Landmarks to Add to Your Bucket List
- Education TNDTE Diploma Result Announced; Check Details Here
- Automobiles Hyundai Creta, Alcazar Updated – Gets New Diesel Engine & More Features
In Goswami Tulsida's Ramcharitmanas, there is a chapter called Aranya Kanda, where Lord Krishna has explained about the nine forms of devotion to Shabri to attain the Supreme Lord.
Shabri, who was an old Bhil woman, was a seeker of Dharma and very fond of Lord Krishna. She met Matanga Rishi during her quest for a guru at Rishyamuka mountain. One day, before shedding his mortal coil, the Rishi advised her to wait for the holy darshan of Lord Rama before she breathed her last. She met Lord Rama, took his blessings and imbibed his instructions on bhakti.
Lord Rama explains the nine types of devotion to Shabri, which she absorbed effectively. Know about them.
1. Pratham bhakti santan kar sanga
Meaning: Being in the company of saints constantly is the first step towards devotion. . Saints help us imbibe values, guide us on the path of equanimity, and do not relinquish their faith in god though they are put to untold trouble in the world.
2. Doosari rati mum katha prasanga
Meaning: Harikatha or stories of God, are explained in discourses by the devout. He can feel god's presence around him as he is immersed in the story heart mind and soul. This method helps you forget yourself and totally engage in the experience of God.
3. Guru pad pankaj seva teesri bhakti amaan
Meaning: The third step towards God is to serve the guru without a trace of ego or conceit. If the disciple stays far away from the Guru, or if Guru is not alive he can follow the Guru's words implicitly.
4. Chauthi bhakti mum gun gan karai karat taji gaan
Meaning: The next tip would be to earnestly praise the Lord without bearing any malice or selfish intent. Fraudulent thoughts while serving or saying slokas to God would not reach him.
5. Mantra jaap mum dridh vishvaasa, pancham bhajan so ved prakasha
Meaning: As per the Vedas, chanting Lord's name or nama is one of the surest ways to reach him. Faith fills us with the reservoir of strength when we need it and helps us to move on even in adverse situations.
6. Chhatt dum seel birati bahu karma, nirat nirantar sajjan dharma
Meaning: Being religious, doing religious deeds, practicing self-control, good conduct and worldly detachment always helps you spiritually. Prayers and meditation helps gain self control.
7. Saatav sum mohee maye jug dekha, motein sant adhik kari lekha
Meaning: Seeing the world as a manifestation of god and respecting saints more than we respect God, is a surefire way towards devotion. Following preachings of guru will create an aura of peace in the whole world.
8. Aanthav jathallabh santosha, sapnehu nahin dekhe par dosha
Meaning: The eight steps towards devotion is when a person is desireless and fully content. If success and failure are not able to daunt the person who is egoless, then he is very close to god.
9. Navam saral sub sun chalheena, mum bharos hiye harsh na deena
Meaning: Now the devotee develops a sense of total surrender and faith and acquires child-like innocence with no deceptive tendencies. He remains calm and takes logical calm decisions.
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky does not confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
- faith mysticismIs Hanuman Alive Today?
- shirdi sai babaSai Satcharitra Of Shirdi Sai Baba-Bhakti Yoga-(Chapter 45)
- anecdotesTrue Devotion
- swami chinmayanandaService, The World's Greatest Prayer
- swami vivekanandaLet Us Be Gods-XI (Contd)
- swami vivekanandaLet Us Be Gods-Part X (Contd)
- swami chinmayanandaHymn to Badrinath
- anecdotesAn Earnest Attitude
- insyncSatan's Footprints
- sri ramakrishnaThe Art of Doing Karma IV
- sri ramakrishnaThe Art of Doing Karma III
- swami chinmayanandaCultivating Love Divine-Part II