- 9 hrs ago COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- 10 hrs ago Alia Bhatt’s Green Floral Dress Look Is Totally Winning Us; Find Out The Details
- 10 hrs ago 7 Herbal Teas That Can Help Ease Constipation
- 10 hrs ago Besharam Bewaffa Song: Divya Khosla Kumar Keeps The Style Quotient High With Her Pretty Dresses
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Automobiles BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Out of all the Hindu festivals, Karwa Chauth is one of the most popular festivals among Hindu married women. It is a festival observed by women for the welfare of their husbands. On this day, women observe a day-long fast and pray to the Almighty for blessing their husbands with a long, prosperous and healthy life.
Every year, this auspicious festival is celebrated on the Chaturthi tithi of Krishna Paksha (waning phase) in the month of Ashwin. This year the festival will be observed on 4 November 2020.
The festival has several rituals and one of them is eating sargi. Those who don't know, sargi is an early morning meal that is given to a woman by her mother-in-law. The sargi contains various fruits, foods and dry fruits. If you think, sargi has no to little significance in Karwa Chauth, then you do not know its importance. Today we are going to tell you more about sargi. Scroll down the article to read more.
What Does Sargi Comprises Of
- Sargi comprises five kinds of fruits. For this, you can take apples, bananas, grapes, oranges and pomegranate.
- It needs to have puri, kheer and any other sweet dish.
- You can include roasted peanuts and makhana in the sargi.
- In addition to these, it should have curd, coconut juice, mathari and salad.
- In case, you can also ask your mother-in-law to provide you parathas and green veggies.
- Apart from the food items, the sargi should also contain gifts and clothes for the one who will be observing the fast.
Significance Of Sargi
- The sargi is usually provided by mother-in-law or any other elder woman in the family.
- The one who offers sargi should present something to the one who observes the fast of Karwa Chauth. The gift can include money, clothes and/or jewellery.
- In case, a woman doesn't have a mother-in-law, then the elder sister-in-laws of the woman should offer sargi.
- Without eating sargi, a woman can't begin her fast for Karwa Chauth. This is because the sargi is an important and the first ritual of this festival.
- The sargi should be consumed only during its auspicious muhurat.
- Every year the muhurat for eating sargi begins during the Brahma Muhurat i.e., before the sunrise. This year the muhurat for eating sargi will begin at 4:51 am on 4 November 2020 and will stay till 5:43 am on the same date.
- So those women who will be eating sargi, should wake up during this time and consume their sargi.
- One of the reasons why women eat sargi is because it provides necessary nutrients needed for observing a day-long strict fast.
- The food items in the sargi make women feel energetic. Also it helps in preventing the hunger pangs.
- The sargi should be followed by Baya which is the gift offered to the one who gives sargi by the woman who observes Karwa Chauth.
- The Baya contains clothes, jewellery, fruits and other things.
- The Baya is usually sent by a woman's mother or any other elder woman from her parents' side.
So this was all about Sargi. We hope you will have a great time during Karwa Chauth 2020.