- 10 min ago Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Donkey Milk: Uses and Downsides
- 3 hrs ago Shiitake Mushrooms: Nutrition, Health Benefits And Ways To Eat
- 4 hrs ago Eye Make-up Looks To Wear With Face Mask This Festive Season
- 4 hrs ago Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49, 1st innings: Blistering knock from Nitish Rana sees Kolkata Knight Riders post 172/5
- News India's vaccine production, delivery capacity to help all humanity in fighting COVID-19: MEA
- Finance How to Open SBI Demat Account?
- Movies Kriti Kharbanda’s Birthday Wish For This Year Is A ‘Corona-Free’ World
- Automobiles Toyota Launches First Regional Stockyard in India: Delivery Times To Reduce
- Education DTE Karnataka Diploma Result 2020: How To Check BTELINX Karnataka Diploma Results 2020
- Technology Vi Launches Add-On Plans; Offering Star Talk, Games, And More Benefits
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
The first day of Navratri is known as Kalash Sthapana or Ghatasthapana due to the fact that on this day, devotees establish a Kalash in the name of Goddess Durga. On this day, the puja for Navratri will begin.
This year the festival begins on 17 October 2020 and on the first day, devotees will be worshipping Shailputri, the first form of Goddess Durga (Parvati). Today we are going to tell you or about Ghatasthapana and its significance. Read the article below to know more about this day.
Kalash Sthapana Muhurat
Those who don't know, Ghatsthapana or Kalash Sthapana is never performed during Amavasya Tithi or night. The best time to perform the Kalash Sthapana ritual is during the morning. Since the Kalash Sthapana is performed during the Pratipada Tithi, it is important for you to know the timing of Pratipada. This year the Pratipada will begin at 1:00 AM on 17 October 2020 and will stay till 09:08 PM. The muhurat for the Kalash Sthapana will begin at 06:23 am and will stay till 10:12 AM. During this time, devotees will be establishing the Kalash and will begin the worshipping of Shailputri.
For Kalash Sthapana, you will need a copper, silver or brass Kalash, a whole coconut, water, betel and mango leaves. You will also need soil, a piece of new cloth, nine kinds of grains, coins, haldi, Moli (sacred thread) and flowers. Now follow these steps for doing the Kalash Sthapana.
- First of all, smear haldi on the Kalash and then fill water in it. You need to fill the water in the Kalash from a pond, river or sea.
- Now place some coins into the Kalash.
- Put some mango leaves on the mouth of the Kalash in such a way that the roots of the leaves touch the water, while the other end faces upwards.
- Now place a whole coconut wrapped in a new cloth on the Kalash in such a way that the mango leaves surround the coconut.
- Apply teeka on the Kalash using haldi and kumkum.
- Keep the Kalash aside for some time. Meanwhile place some damp soil and make a circular shape using the soil.
- Sow the grains and cover them with a thin layer of soil.
- Sprinkle some water on the soil and place the Kalash on it.
- After this, offer a garland made up of flowers to the Kalash or you can simply decorate it with some flowers.
- Now take a sankalp to observe the Navratri with full austerity and dedication.
- Light a diya and perform the puja of the Kalash and offer betel leaves, flowers, some grains, fruits and milk.
- Offer the Bhog suh as kheer, khichdi, sweets, etc. to the Kalash and the deity.
- Conclude the puja by singing the aarti of Goddess Durga.
Significance Of Kalash Sthapana
- Kalash Sthapana is one of the most important rituals during the Navratri.
- Without performing this ritual, one cannot begin the puja of Navratri.
- Devotees believe that the Kalash symbolises Goddess Durga and therefore, those who perform the Ghatasthapana puja observe fast for nine days.
- They either consume dairy products and fruits or foods that are prepared without onion-garlic and table salt.
- The Kalash is worshipped on each and every day of Navratri. During the evening, devotees perform the aarti of the deity and the Kalash as well.
So this was all about Ghatasthapana. We hope you will be able to perform this ritual without any trouble. May Goddess Durga bless you with wealth, health, peace, fortune and prosperity.