- 8 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- 9 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 2 – Here Is How You Can Ace The White Make-up Look
- 9 hrs ago Altitude Sickness: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 11 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 22 September 2019
- Sports India Vs South Africa, 3rd T20I, Live Score: Kohli & Co. eye series win, De Kock and band looks to level series
- News Ideology of promoting Hindi, Hinduism dangerous: Shashi Tharoor
- Movies Sye Raa Pre-release Event: Live Updates
- Automobiles Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- Technology 5 Useful Apps To Switch From iPhone To Android
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
A Shivlinga is a representation of Lord Shiva. One of the most significant and surprising things of nature is the formation of a Shivlinga of ice at Amarnath. It is said that a Shivlinga is so pure that worshipping it can liberate your soul from all forms of negativities.
Lord Shiva is known as Mahadev because his worship is considered to be highly fruitful. He is often worshipped through this Shivlinga. We generally offer milk and water along with jaggery or sugar to a Shivlinga. However, there are other things as well that we can offer him. Take a look at these things we can offer to a Shivlinga.
Sugarcane juice is one of the items offered to Lord Shiva. It is said that many financial problems are solved by offering sugarcane juice to a Shivlinga.
Honey is another item on the list. It is one of the sacred items often used during Pujas. It is said that we should apply honey on a Shivlinga. This helps to better the health and give a longer life to the devotee.
We all have seen Ghee applied on a Shivlinga in temples. Hence, it is not a new thing to know. However, the reason why we apply ghee on a Shivlinga or offer ghee to it is that in doing so, it helps children in improving their academic performance.
While many of us might not be knowing, it has been mentioned in the Vedas that we should also offer mustard oil to a Shivlinga. Hence, it is also there on the list.
Milk And Gangajal
As we know we offer milk to a Shivlinga, besides this, gangajal can also be offered. It is said that offering both these helps to free oneself from all worries and tensions.
Besides these, curd is also offered to a Shivlinga. Since Lord Shiva likes curd, it is one of the most common offerings, especially on a Shivratri.
Apart from all these items, scent is also offered to a Shivlinga. It is said that offering scent brings one closer to success. White flowers and seasonal fruits can also be offered.