In Hindu mythology, every day of the week is dedicated to one particular god. Devotees who believe in god worship particular lords every day. So, if you want to worship all avatras and forms of god in particular, you get one whole day to shower your devotion to the god! In short, every day of the week is dedicated to a particular god. For example, Monday is a day which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tuesday is the day to worship Lord Hanuman, Wednesday to Lord Ganesha etc.
These all things are mentioned in the Shivapuran. So, if you want to know which god to worship and on which day, then check out the details here. Now, worshiping your god on special days will help you achieve success and spiritual enlightenment.
It is also a great opportunity to take out special time for dedicating to gods. For example, you can worship Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Goddess Lakshmi and Surya Dev on their days. It is believed that worshiping the gods on their special days is good for oneself.
Which God To Worship And On Which Day?
Monday: Lord Shiva
You will see immense crowd in Shiva temples especially on Mondays. This is because it is the day to worship the Neelkanth. Offer milk, rice and sugar to Lord Shiva.
Tuesday: Lord Hanuman
The Monkey God is worshiped on Tuesdays. He is considered as the the lord of strength, and is considered as an incarnation of Lord Shiva.
Wednesday: Lord Ganesha
He is the remover of all obstacles and Wednesday is the best day to worship Him.
Thursday: Lord Vishnu
Lord Vishnu is worshiped on Thursdays. It is also a day to worship Vishnu's wife, Goddess Lakshmi. It is said that Thursday is an auspicious day to worship the Lords of fortune and wealth.
Friday: Goddess Durga
Goddess Durga and her avatars are worshiped on Friday. It can also be considered as a day to worship all the avatars of God in unison.
Saturday: Shani Dev
Saturday is also associated with Saturn which is ruled by Shani Dev. On Saturdays, Shani Dev, Lord Hanuman and Goddess Kali are worshiped by devotees.
Sunday: Surya Dev
The Lord of fame and the chief of the Navagraha is worshiped on Sunday. Make sure you offer water to the sun, and chant the Gayatri Mantra on Sunday morning.
- All About Swastika & Its Rich Positive History!
- Why Is Nag Panchami Celebrated?
- Deities & Rituals For 7 Days Of The Week
- What Is The Significance Of The Sashtanga Namaskaram?
- Easy Recipes For Pradosh Vrat
- Importance Of Pradosh Vrat
- Ways In Which Ram Navami Is Celebrated
- Mahabharata Stories: Why Did Bhima Fight Bakasura?
- The Story Behind Parashurama Beheading His Mother
- Markandeya - The One Who Conquered Death
- 10 Lesser Known Facts About Lord Shiva
- Importance Of Maha Shivaratri
- Stories On How Anjaneya Came To Be Known As Lord Hanuman