- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Up To 40% Off On Premium Smartphones
- Sports Bapu Nadkarni demise: Sunil Gavaskar condoles his death of former India all-rounder; remembers him as 'helpful manager'
- Movies MTV Splitsvilla 12: Priyamvada Kanth & Shrey Mittal Win The Show; Check Out Fans Reaction
- News Kerala did a disastrous thing by electing Rahul Gandhi: Ramachandra Guha
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
A young man who wanted to take a look at the statue of Lao Tzu, the Tao master, set out one night on his embarkation. The statue was atop a hill, a hundred kilometers away and the path to it was rugged and risky to embark in the night. Hence after having gone a few kilometers he decided to wait until day break to pursue with his journey.
As the young man sat by the roadside, an old man came by and made enquiries. He then persuaded the young man to go along with him, to the hill, promising rest whenever he wanted to.
The young man agreed and the two set off on the journey. The path was beautiful and the old man readily agreed to rest whenever the young man wanted to. The two then reached the hilltop where the statue of Lao Tzu stood. A sense of utter fulfillment brimmed the young man's heart on his mission being met.
The old man stoked, “Get up. What are you resting for? The journey is not over. It does not end with this. The path is beautiful. You will have to pursue it. There is nothing called the goal, but only the path!"
A short story that kindles the spirit of Tao in all spiritual seekers.