- 4 min ago Kava: Health Benefits, Side Effects And How To Use
- 1 hr ago Juvenile Diabetes: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors And How To Manage
- 1 hr ago Children's Day 2019: 10 Motivational Quotes By Jawahar Lal Nehru For Children
- 1 hr ago International Men's Day 2019: 8 Signs When Women Need To Become An Emotional Support System For Men
- Movies Tara Sutaria Isn't Very Fond Of Bollywood Parties And She Has Her Own Reasons!
- Technology Apple Store Employee Sends Himself Intimate Photo Of Customer From Her Phone
- Sports India Vs Bangladesh, Indore Test: Virat Kohli vows team will not get distracted by 'exciting' first Day-Night Test
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
- News Disqualified Karnataka MLAs will join BJP tomorrow: Ashwathnarayan
- Education Children's Day Essay: Top 5 Ideas To Write An Essay On Children's Day
- Automobiles Tata Inaugurates Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center At Pune
- Finance Rupee Weakens To Over 2-Month Low; Crosses 72/Dollar Level
On this International Day Of The Girl Child, the #VanishingGirls campaign highlights the issue of sex-selective abortion in India, which is causing the intrauterine foetal death of 60 million female foetuses. Globally, sex-selective abortion has become a threat to girls' lives, putting a massive dent in the population of girls.
ADF India has launched the #VanishingGirls campaign with the aim of shining a light on the massive number of abortions in the country. "In our country, 50,000 babies are aborted every month for one reason: they are girls instead of boys. India's skewed sex ratio shows that, as a nation, we have failed girls. They are either aborted or, once born, subject to various forms of violence", said Tehmina Arora, Director of ADF India.
"It's time to address this issue, especially on the International Day of the Girl Child. Every child is precious. Both girls and boys have an equal right to life and liberty. Our nation cannot afford to lose its little girls to discrimination and neglect", she continued.
The #VanishingGirls campaign was launched in 2016 and has religiously been observing the UN's International Day of the Girl Child every year through various awareness programs and campaigns. With India losing more than 60 million women in the past decade due to the practice of sex-selective abortion, the initiative by ADF India advocates for the girl child's right to life.
Apart from raising awareness about sex-selective abortion, ADF India's #VanishingGirls campaign focuses on advocating for the right implementation of the Pre-Conception Pre-Natal Diagnostics Techniques Act that India adopted in 1994 - an important element in the fight against sex-selective abortion.
The campaign is expected to bring a change in Indian society, where the female gender is victims of gender-based violence and negligence.
#giveherLIFE By #VanishingGirls Campaign
In 2019, ADF India and the #VanishingGirls campaign have launched a nationwide photography competition with the theme #giveherLIFE to raise awareness around the issues circling the girl child. LIFE stands for love, inheritance, freedom, and equality.
(Inputs from ADF India)