- 29 min ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 10 hrs ago Pre-Shave Oil For The Smoothest Beard Finish: How To Use
- 15 hrs ago Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- News PM Modiin Gujarat, to visit newly-built hospital, address Cooperative Conclave & more — Details
- Finance Ruchi Soya Gains Over 7% In Last 2 Days; Declares Dividend Of 250%
- Movies Pooja Bhatt Takes A Dig At Sameer Wankhede After Aryan Khan Gets A Clean Chit In Drugs Case
- Sports IPL 2023 Auction Date, Retention Rules, Remaining Purse, Teams List - All You Need To Know
- Technology Broadcom To Acquire VMware For $61 Billion; Third Largest Tech Deal In History
- Automobiles Top 10 Best Selling 6-seater/7-seater UVs In April 2022
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
In a move to encourage more girls to pursue and complete higher education without financial constraints, the Tamil Nadu government on March 18 announced a monthly deposit of Rs 1,000 in the bank accounts of girl students. Approximately six lakh girls can benefit by this move, Finance Minister Palanivel Thiaga Rajan told the Assembly.
"An amount of Rs 698 crore is allotted for this scheme," he said while presenting the Budget for 2022 - 23. As per the announcement, all girls from classes 6 to 12 in government schools would be paid the Rs 1,000 till the uninterrupted completion of their undergraduate degree, diploma and ITI courses. The students would be eligible for this scheme in addition to other scholarships, the Minister said.
Representational picture by PTI
Recognising the low enrolment ratio of girls from government schools in higher education, the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Memorial Marriage Assistance Scheme is being transformed into Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme, he said.
The implementation of the existing schemes of EVR Maniammaiyar Memorial Widow's Daughter Marriage Assistance Scheme, Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Memorial Inter-Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme, Annai Teresa Orphan Girls Marriage Assistance Scheme and Dr Dharmambal Ammaiyar Memorial Widow Remarriage Assistance Scheme would continue without any change, said the Minister.
- womenJosh, Paint It Red & Mash Project Come Together To Empower The Girl Child With #50Daysofschool Campaign
- womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes
- womenMarriageable Age Limit For Women May Be Raised To 21 Years In India
- womenInternational Day Of The Girl Child: UNICEF Celebrity Advocate Ayushmann Khurrana's Message To India
- womenExclusive: The Pandemic and Girls' Education - 11 Million Girls May Never Go Back To School And Here's Why
- lifeNational Girl Child Day 2021: History And Significance Of This Day
- parents and childrenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2020: Things You can Say To Empower Your Daughter
- womenCelebrating Girls For Life: Campaign For International Day of the Girl Child On October 11
- womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
- womenThis Project Aims To Celebrate The Father-Daughter Bond And Educate Girl Children
- womenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2019: Best 'Save The Girl Child' Slogans And Sayings
- womenInternational Day of the Girl Child 2019: Importance of Educating The Girl Child In Indian Society