- 5 hrs ago You Should Not Do These Things To Your Hair In Winters
- 6 hrs ago Osteoporosis Diet For Women: Foods To Eat & Foods To Avoid
- 7 hrs ago Human Coronavirus: An Outbreak Of New Viral Disease In China
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor Opts For A Sassy Street-Style Outfit For Her Visit To Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
- News Trump offers to mediate on Kashmir issue after meeting Imran Khan at Davos
- Movies Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham: Arjun Sarja's Character Poster Is Revealed!
- Sports Bangladesh appoint former West Indies and South Africa coach Gibson
- Technology Vodafone Rs. 398, Rs. 558 Prepaid Plans Launched; Rs. 19 Plan Revised
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Finance How To Start Amul Ice Cream Parlor In India
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Nowhere in the world, is the bond of brotherly-sisterly love glorified with such grandeur as in India. Hindus celebrate this special relationship of brothers and sisters twice every year, with some of the famous festivals like Raksha Bandhan and Bhai Dooj. During the festival of lights that is Diwali, Bhai Dooj is celebrated with great zeal.
This year, in 2019, Bhai Dooj will be celebrated on 29 October, Tuesday. For those of you who are unaware of what Bhai Dooj is, here is the meaning of it. The name 'Bhai' means brother and 'Dooj' means the second day after the new moon, which is the day of the festival. It is also called as Bhaiya Dooj or Bhaubeej.
To mark this beautiful relationship between a sister and a brother, every sister performs puja for her brother for his protection.
During the Bhai Dooj puja, the sister prays for the long life and happiness of her brother. A special puja is also performed in regard to this festival. In return, the brothers are supposed to shower a lot of gifts on their sisters.
Being an auspicious festival and a puja, there comes along with it some of the ways sisters can strengthen the relationship with your brother.
Pray for him
A prayer is a powerful tool against all evil. In order for your brother to be happy and protected always, prayer is the only solution. Being a sister, you should pray for your brother's well being.
Do things he likes
Doing the things he likes is one of the ways you can strengthen your relationship on the festival of Bhai Dooj. Make him feel special on this day and show him your sisterly love and care.
To strengthen your relationship on the festival of Bhai Dooj, spend time with your brother and recall all those good memories the two of you shared. Go through old photographs together and laugh at all the silly mistakes the two of you made together.
One of the best ways to strengthen your relationship on this festival of Bhai Dooj is to communicate to each other. Today, most of us do not have the time to communicate with each other. Talking, laughing and sharing your day will help to strengthen the brother and sister bond.
Cook for him
The saying, 'A way to a man's heart is through his stomach' does not only stand for a husband and wife. It could also imply on your brother and sister relationship as well. To strengthen your bond this Bhai Dooj, make sure that you cook something special for your brother.
These are some of the ways you can use to strengthen the relationship with your brother on this festival. If you have any more special ways in which you can strengthen the brother and sister bond, do let us know.