Wasabi mushroom on compressed watermelon is a delicious appetizer. The recipe has been shared with us by Chef Nishant Choubey. He says it's a unique Asian Recipe which has a mix of sweet and spicy flavours plus it is a treat to your tatsebuds. This dish is prepared by compressing watermelon with mirin and mint along with pan fried mushrooms. The mushrooms used in this recipe is button mushrooms. It can be served with a mango salsa or any kind of a sweet dip.
Recipe By: Chef Nishant Choubey
Recipe Type: Appetiser
Button mushroom - 1 kg
Wasabi powder - 4 tbsp
Carnation milk or thickened soy milk - 1 tin
Milk maid - 1 tin
Japanese mayo- 1 bottle
Lemon - 5 no
Watermelon - 1 no
Mirin - ½ cup
Mint - a bunch
Ripe Mango - 2 no
Sweet chili sauce - 1 bottle
Black sesame seed - 2tbsp
Rice flour - 1 kg
Refined flour - 1 kg
Tang mein flour - ½ kg
Potato starch - 2 cup
Baking powder - 2 tbsp
Refined oil - enough to fry
Salt - to taste
Compress the watermelon with mint.
Now mirin or just marinate the watermelon with mirin and mint.
In the meantime make the batter.
Will prepare the batter with potato starch, tang main flour, baking powder, refined flour, rice flour and cold water.
Mix wasabi powder with Japanese mayonnaise.
Add carnation milk and milkmaid to it.
Dust the mushrooms and dip them in the batter.
Fry them till mushrooms gets crispy.
Coat them with the wasabi mayonnaise.
In the meanwhile make a salsa with mango and sweet chili sauce .
Serve them with compressed watermelon, mango salsa and black sesame seed.
- 1. You can use wasabi paste instead of the powder 2. Portabello mushrooms can be used for better taste.
- Serving Size - 1
- Calories - 757 cal
- Fat - 6 g
- Protein - 40 g
- Carbohydrates - 25 g
- Sugar - 2 g
- Mushroom Coffee: All You Need To Know About This New Fad
- Top 10 Foods That Can Turn Toxic When Cooked
- 9 Foods You Should Never Eat Raw
- Vitamin B3 Benefits And Its Food Sources
- 16 Foods To Eat To Reduce The Risk Of Breast Cancer
- Top 11 Mood-boosting Foods To Boost Your Mood Naturally
- 10 Healthiest White Vegetables To Include In Your Diet
- Turkey And Mushroom Potpie Recipe
- Ravioli Recipe: How To Prepare Squash And Porcini Mushroom Ravioli
- Mushroom Sauce Pasta: How To Prepare Creamy Pasta In Mushroom Sauce
- Exotic Italian Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- Mushroom Ramen Recipe: How To Prepare Exotic Mushroom Ramen At Home