Rice noodles are staple to the East and Southeast Asian cuisines and are made from water and rice flour. Rice noodles are naturally free of gluten, making them safe choices for people who suffer from gluten sensitivity or coeliac disease.
This easy Thai fried rice noodle dish is yummy, and a cinch to make. It is made using thin noodles, also known as vermicelli rice noodles. It has just as much flavour yet leaves one feeling a lot lighter than one would feel with the traditional noodles.
Recipe By: Chef Choong Chew Loon
Recipe Type: Snacks
Vermicelli Noodles - 250 g
Sodium-reduced Soya Sauce - 3 tbsp
Granulated Sugar - 2 tsp
Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp
Shredded Cabbage - 2 cups
Finely Chopped Sweet Red Pepper - 1
Finely Chopped Carrot - 1
Sliced Cloves - 2
Sliced Garlic - 2
Salt - To Taste
Pepper - To Taste
1. In large bowl, take vermicelli noodles.
2. Soak the vermicelli noodles into warm water.
3. The noodles should be soaked in water for 5 minutes.
4. Now, drain the noodles from the bowl.
5. Keep the noodles aside.
6. In a small bowl, add soya sauce that is sodium-reduced, sugar.
7. Add water of about 3/4th cup.
8. Now, mix soya sauce, sugar and water by the help of a whisk.
9. Keep the mixture aside for a few minutes.
10. Take a bowl-shaped frying pan and put oil into it.
11. Heat the oil in a pan in a medium to high flame.
12. Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic to the hot oil pan.
13. Let ginger and garlic sizzle on medium heat, till fragrant and lightly browned.
14. Pour half of the mixture of soya sauce, sugar and water in the pan.
15. Mix them together quickly with ginger and garlic.
16. Pour the mix slowly, stirring it, to avoid the formation of lumps.
17. Cook till the sauce starts to bubble.
18. Now, add finely sliced red pepper, carrot and cabbage.
19. In a medium to high flame, sauté the vegetables for 2 minutes.
20. Sauté the vegetables until it leaves water in it.
21. In this case, remember to not over-cook the vegetables.
22. Add the soaked, drained noodles to the vegetables.
23. Add the remaining sauce to the pan.
24. Combine everything quickly using two spoons or tongs.
25. Till the noodles are well coated in the sauce, they are combined well in the pan.
26. On the serving plate, garnish the noodles using some sliced red pepper and carrots.
- 1.Don't overcook the vegetables.
- Serving size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 800 cal
- Fat - 4 g
- Carbohydrates - 384 g
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar