- 54 min ago Sahasrarjun (Rajarajeshwara) Temple: Architecture, Best Time To Visit, History And Significance
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 16 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- News Explained: What the SC said and how is Talaq-e-Hasan different from triple talaq
- Automobiles Honda Activa 6G Premium Edition Official Pics Out
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy That Can Zoom In The Short-Term
- Technology Best Laptops With 32GB RAM Available To Buy In India
- Movies Ali Asgar Reveals Reason Behind Quitting The Kapil Sharma Show; Opens Up About His Preparation For JDJ 10
- Sports Angela Lee - Xiong Jing Nan trilogy headlines ONE Fight Night 2
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
All the chutney Nazis I am sure must have their own versions of tomato chutney but here Chef Abhishek Basu gives his version of tomato chutney, which can be savoured and matched with any kind of pakodas, fritters, parathas, chips, etc.
This tomato chutney is a spicy & tangy chutney made from tomatoes. It is a no-onion-no-garlic recipe. You can even make it and store in the refrigerator for a few days. Tomato is one universal ingredient that can be matched with any kind of a cuisine. Here is an elaborate step-by-step procedure of the same.
Recipe By: Chef Abhishek Basu
Recipe Type: Condiment
Serves: 7-8 times
Tomatoes - 2 large
Ginger (adrak) (chopped) - ½ inch
Red chillies (sookhi lal mirch) (broken and deseeded) - 2-3
Urad dal (split and husked black gram) - 1 tsp
Black pepper (sabut kali mirch) - 4-5
Cloves (lavang) - 2-3
Asafoetida (hing) optional - a pinch
Water for grinding - 2 tbsp
Oil - ½ tbsp
Salt as required
Oil - ½ tbsp
Dry red chilli (sookhi lal mirch) halved and deseeded - 1
Curry leaves (kadi patta) - 7 to 8
Mustard seeds (rai) - ½ tsp
Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) - 2 to 3
Asafoetida (hing) - a pinch
1. Take a pan and add half a tablespoon of oil in it or you may also use a non-sticky spray.
2. Heat oil for a minute and then add urad dal.
3. On a low flame, sauté the urad dal till it starts turning maroonish.
4. Once the lentils get to a maroonish brown colour, add broken dry red chillies, cloves, black pepper and ginger.
5. Stir well till the red chillies change their colour.
6. Take tomatoes, wash them, get a chopping board and chop the tomatoes well.
7. Now, add the chopped tomatoes and asafoetida.
8. Add salt as per taste. Keep your salt intake low, as it helps in maintaining your blood pressure and will keep it in control.
9. Stir and sauté till the tomatoes soften for about 6 to 7 minutes on a low flame.
10. Once the tomato mixture cools, add them to a chutney grinder or small blender.
11. Add 2 tbsp of water to the grinder.
12. Grind it to a smooth paste.
13. In the same pan or different pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and heat it for one minute.
14. Add the mustard seeds and crackle them.
15. Then, add curry leaves, methi seeds, asafoetida and one broken red chilli.
16. Sauté till the curry leaves become crisp.
17. Then, add the ground tomato paste. Stir well.
18. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes on a low flame.
19. Check the taste and add more salt if required.
20. Stir again well.
21. Tomato chutney is done and ready to be served.
- 1. Make sure that the blender or grinder we are using must be properly washed before use.
- 2. You can add onions and garlic to the chutney according to your preference.
- Serving size - 1 tbsp
- Calories - 26 cal
- Carbohydrates - 6 g
- Sugar - 6 g
- 8 Tomato Masks For Minor Skin Conditions Like Dryness, Dullness, Acne Etc.
- 6 Simple Ways To Use Tomato For Healthy, Glowing Skin
- Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Tomato Juice: Anti-Ageing, Weight Loss, Immunity And More
- Best Superfoods For Men And Women Over 40
- Edible And Nutritious Plants You Can Grow At Home
- What Are Nightshade Vegetables? Are They Good Or Bad For Health?
- 5 Tomato-Based Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Circles
- Bid Adieu To Acne And Acne Scars With These 8 Incredible Tomato-Based Home Remedies
- How To Use Tomato To Get Amazing Skin & Hair
- Tomato Seeds: Benefits And Side Effects
- Are Tomatoes Fattening For You?
- 13 Tomato-Based Face Packs For Amazing Skin