Monsoon time is on and the best thing to have this monsoon is homemade fritters. Enjoy hot piping cup of tea with these amazing hot cheesy spinach and falafel bites. It is made by mixing feta cheese with spinach and falafel and then frying them deep. You can even air fry the same to save on calories. Invite your friends over or if you are doing a small kitty party at home do try this recipe to impress everyone.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Snacks
Baby spinach - 2-3 cups
Can drained chickpeas - ½ kg
Feta cheese - 1cup
Cumin - 2 tsp
Plain flour - 1cup
Vegetable oil, for frying
Tzatziki, to serve
Pour a kettle of boiling water over baby spinach in a colander.
When cool enough to handle, squeeze out any water
Pulse in a food processor with drained chickpeas, feta, cumin and plain flour until just combined.
Roll into tbsp-sized balls with well floured hands, then flatten into patties.
Fry in batches in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes each side, then leave to cool.
Place on a baking tray, cover with cling film and freeze.
To serve, defrost in the fridge overnight and cook at 180C/160C fan/ gas 4 for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with tzatziki.
These canapés can be frozen for up to 3 months.
If you're short on baking trays, then once the canapés are frozen solid, transfer them to freezer bags.
Make sure they are well wrapped or sealed to preserve them properly.
Label everything clearly to remind yourself what you've frozen.
- Squeeze out all the water from the spinach, if not the falafel will become soggy.
- Serving Size - 2 balls
- Calories - 49 cal
- Fat - 3g
- Protein - 2g
- Carbohydrates - 5g
- Dietary Fibre - 1g
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: Benefits Of Spinach, Banana, And Date Smoothie For Boosting Iron
- 10 Benefits Of Eating Spinach Every Day
- 9 Foods That Detox Your Body
- 10 Common Foods You Should Not Reheat
- 14 Foods Rich In Zinc For Good Health
- 13 Foods Rich In Iron To Boost Your Iron Intake
- 11 Foods That Are High In Magnesium
- Top 10 Foods That Can Turn Toxic When Cooked
- Top Foods Rich In Calcium
- Indian Foods That Are Rich In Vitamin K & Their Health Benefits
- 12 Best Foods To Cleanse Your Arteries
- 12 Best Smoothies For Weight Loss