- 4 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 29 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Roe v. Wade Overturned: Why Is It Significant; Indian Laws On Abortion
- 14 hrs ago Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- News Maharashtra crisis: Eknath Shinde camp at Kamakhya, may leave for Mumbai soon
- Technology Spotify Supergrouper Announced: How To Create A Custom Playlist With Spotify Supergrouper?
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Her Dunki Co-Star Shah Rukh Khan: Even Before I Met Him, His Journey Felt Too Personal
- Finance India's Direct Selling Industry Ranks 12th Globally, Surpasses Retail Sales Of US $3.25bn
- Sports Wimbledon 2022: Nick Kyrgios bemoans 'pure disrespect' after first-round win
- Automobiles 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Sweets are mandatory in the celebration of the Holi festival, however, one must not forget the insanely delicious and evergreen recipe of imli ki chutney or tamarind chutney, without which the festival of Holi is incomplete.
Boldsky brings to you a recipe of tamarind chutney which is lip smacking, easy to make, need only a few ingredients and can go with any Holi snacks such as samosa, cutlet, kachori, pakora and dahi vada.
Here's how you can proceed to prepare the tangy and sweet tamarind chutney, which is also gluten-free and vegan. Take a look.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Vegetarian
- A cup of tamarind, cleaned and washed.
- 4-5 dates, cleaned and washed
- Half cup of jaggery.
- Around four cups of water.
- A teaspoon of ground ginger powder.
- A teaspoon of roasted and ground cumin seeds.
- A teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- A pinch of asafoetida.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Black salt or regular salt or both mixed, whatever preferable.
- Soak tamarind and dates separately for around three hours. You can soak them overnight.
- Remove the seeds of the tamarind and squeeze the pulp well with your hands to form a paste.
- Strain the paste and keep it aside.
- Grind the soaked dates after removing seeds to form a paste.
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- Over a low flame, add ginger powder, cumin seed powder, red chilli powder and asafoetida.
- Let the spices cook for around a minute.
- Add tamarind pulp and dates mixture and stir for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add jaggery and salt to taste and cook until the consistency of the mixture thickens.
- Once done, allow the chutney to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container and serve with your favourite Holi snacks.
- If soaking of tamarind and dates is not possible, you can put them to boil for around 4-5 minutes and then cool them with lid covered for around half an hour.
- People - 2
- Calories - 560
- Protein - 2 g
- Carbohydrates - 128 g
- Fiber - 3 g
- Father’s Day Special Recipe: How To Prepare Low-Calorie Brownies For Diabetic Fathers
- 5-Ingredient Lunch Recipe For People With High Blood Pressure
- Mango Special Recipes: How To Prepare Summer-Friendly And Tasty Mango Chickpea Salad
- Benefits Of Drinking Khus Sharbat In Summers: How To Make It?
- Ram Navami Special: How To Prepare Panakam, A Special Cooling Drink From South Indian Cuisine
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Carrot Kalakand
- Treat For Seafood Lovers: How To Make Spicy Shrimp Pizza At Home
- Holi Sweet Recipes For 2022: How To Prepare Coconut Peda
- Easy To Make Summer Coolers: How To Prepare Frozen Peach Cocktail
- Summer Drinks And Coolers: How To Prepare Pineapple Lemonade With Just 3 Ingredients
- Valentine’s Day Recipe To Impress Your Diabetic Partner: How To Make Shrimp And Broccoli Stir Fry