Kids love macaroni and for that matter adults as well. If you are bored of just one style of macaroni then you must try this new and innovative version of South Indian style macaroni. Chef Gaurav Chadha breaks the monotony and brings us this new flavour. The main ingredients of this recipe is the curry leaves and sambhar masala. The burst of South Indian flavours will definitely make you longing for more.
Recipe By: Chef Gaurav Chadha
Recipe Type: Snacks
Water - 1 litre
Salt to taste
Macaroni - 2 cup
Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - 10-12
Medium Onion, diced (small) - 1
Small Green Chilli, chopped - 1-2
Beans, diced (small) and boiled - 4-5
Small Cauliflower, cut in small florets and boiled - ¼
Sambhar Masala Powder -1 tbsp
Veg Mayonnaise -5 tbsp
1. Get a pot and fill it with water.
2. Start boiling water on a medium flame.
3. Add 9 g salt and macaroni.
4. Cook per pack instructions or for approx. 5 minutes.
5. Stir occasionally to avoid macaroni from sticking to
6. Using a ladle take out 120 ml pasta stock in a beaker.
7. Get a drainer and drain the cooked pasta into a colander.
8. Here we need a nonstick pan so get one.
9. Use non-sticky spray or may also use oil for cooking.
10. Set the pan on low flame and start heating oil.
11. Heat oil and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
12. Once it starts to crackle, add onion, green chilli, beans, cauliflower, sambhar masala and pinch of salt.
13. Sauté vegetables for 1 minute.
14. Add pasta stock to above vegetables and stir well.
15. Take the pan away from flame, add mayonnaise and stir well.
16. Bring it back to flame and let it simmer for 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
17. Add macaroni to above sauce and toss well.
18. Dish is now ready, garnish the platter and serve it hot.
- You can add any vegetables of your preference.
- Serving Size - 1 cup
- Calories - 400 cal
- Fat - 32 g
- Carbohydrates - 45 g
- Dietary Fibre - 3 g