- Technology Nokia 7.2, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 9 PureView Get Price Cut Up To Rs. 3,500
- Movies AVTA 2019 Winners List: Harshad Chopda, Erica Fernandes & Others Bag Awards
- News Jharkhand Polls: Cong fields Gourav Vallabh against CM Raghubar Das from Jamshedpur East
- Sports Afghanistan vs West Indies, 2nd T20I: Janat picks 5/11 as Afghanistan level series against West Indies
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Shakshouka, or shakshuka, is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chilli peppers, and onions, and often spiced with cumin. It is of the Tunisian origin. Chef M S Bhandari gives us a very easy recipe of this unique dish named Shakshuka to make at home.
This recipe is heavy on calories, but you can avoid it by using an alternative such as using a healthy oil or using less of oil. The chef has shared with us the healthy version of this recipe, which is not too oily.
Recipe By: Chef MS Bhandari
Recipe Type: Snacks
Eggs - 4
Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp
Garlic - 2 cloves
Onion - 1
Tomatoes - 4
Sea salt to taste
Crushed pepper - ½ tsp
Fresh parsley - 1 tbsp
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add oil. After it heats up, add chopped onion and stir fry for two minutes.
3. Add garlic, stir, and now add tomatoes and some sea salt.
4. Keep stirring on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
5. Now, lower the flame, and add egg over it.
6. Do not let the egg yolk separate and then put the lid over the pan.
7. Let it cook in the steam until the egg has cooked completely, for about 5-6 minutes.
8. Serve it with Arabic bread.
- 1. You can add red bell pepper and feta cheese to it, to give it a unique flavour.
- Serving size - 2 serves
- Calories - 400 cal
- Fat - 40 g
- Protein - 200 g
- Carbohydrates - 65 g
- Sugar - 3 g
- Dietary fibre - 3 g