Shakshouka, or shakshuka, is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chilli peppers, and onions, and often spiced with cumin. It is of the Tunisian origin. Chef M S Bhandari gives us a very easy recipe of this unique dish named Shakshuka to make at home.
This recipe is heavy on calories, but you can avoid it by using an alternative such as using a healthy oil or using less of oil. The chef has shared with us the healthy version of this recipe, which is not too oily.
Recipe By: Chef MS Bhandari
Recipe Type: Snacks
Eggs - 4
Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp
Garlic - 2 cloves
Onion - 1
Tomatoes - 4
Sea salt to taste
Crushed pepper - ½ tsp
Fresh parsley - 1 tbsp
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add oil. After it heats up, add chopped onion and stir fry for two minutes.
3. Add garlic, stir, and now add tomatoes and some sea salt.
4. Keep stirring on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
5. Now, lower the flame, and add egg over it.
6. Do not let the egg yolk separate and then put the lid over the pan.
7. Let it cook in the steam until the egg has cooked completely, for about 5-6 minutes.
8. Serve it with Arabic bread.
- 1. You can add red bell pepper and feta cheese to it, to give it a unique flavour.
- Serving size - 2 serves
- Calories - 400 cal
- Fat - 40 g
- Protein - 200 g
- Carbohydrates - 65 g
- Sugar - 3 g
- Dietary fibre - 3 g
- What Are Follicles? Number, Growth And Other Characteristics
- Ways In Which You Can Get Pregnant Without Penetration
- How Can Eating Papaya Or Eggs Cause Miscarriage?
- 10 Super-effective Kitchen Ingredients For Treating Different Skin Problems
- Top 12 Vitamin B2 Rich Foods And Their Health Benefits
- Egg And Yogurt – For Healthy, Dandruff-free Hair
- Easy And Effective DIY Chocolate Face Masks For Youthful Skin
- DIY Recipe For Silky Soft Hair
- Egg Omelette Recipe
- Nicoise Salad Recipe: How To Prepare Classic French Nicoise Salad
- Simple DIY Egg Shampoo Recipes That You Can't Skip During Weekend
- Common Foods That You Must Never Heat Twice As They Can Affect Your Health