- 18 min ago Valley Fever: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 09 December 2019
- 20 hrs ago Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- 20 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Vs Karisma Kapoor, Whose Make-up Look Did You Like More
- News Citizenship Amendment Bill: Shah likely to announce relief for Manipur
- Sports Socceroos great Milligan retires from internationals
- Technology Top 2 Ways To Fix Waiting For This Message Error On Whatsapp
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Shakshouka, or shakshuka, is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chilli peppers, and onions, and often spiced with cumin. It is of the Tunisian origin. Chef M S Bhandari gives us a very easy recipe of this unique dish named Shakshuka to make at home.
This recipe is heavy on calories, but you can avoid it by using an alternative such as using a healthy oil or using less of oil. The chef has shared with us the healthy version of this recipe, which is not too oily.
Recipe By: Chef MS Bhandari
Recipe Type: Snacks
Eggs - 4
Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp
Garlic - 2 cloves
Onion - 1
Tomatoes - 4
Sea salt to taste
Crushed pepper - ½ tsp
Fresh parsley - 1 tbsp
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add oil. After it heats up, add chopped onion and stir fry for two minutes.
3. Add garlic, stir, and now add tomatoes and some sea salt.
4. Keep stirring on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
5. Now, lower the flame, and add egg over it.
6. Do not let the egg yolk separate and then put the lid over the pan.
7. Let it cook in the steam until the egg has cooked completely, for about 5-6 minutes.
8. Serve it with Arabic bread.
- 1. You can add red bell pepper and feta cheese to it, to give it a unique flavour.
- Serving size - 2 serves
- Calories - 400 cal
- Fat - 40 g
- Protein - 200 g
- Carbohydrates - 65 g
- Sugar - 3 g
- Dietary fibre - 3 g