- 17 hrs ago 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- 19 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Actresses Inspire Us To Invest In Sweaters And Cardigans
- 23 hrs ago New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- 23 hrs ago Apollo Hospitals Announces Free COVID Vaccinations For Children With Co-Morbidities
- Movies Aryan Khan Drug Case: Star Kid's Co-Accused Avin Sahu And Manish Rajgarhiya Get Bail
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For October 27, 2021: Win Rs. 30,000
- Finance Policybazaar IPO To Open Next Week; Check Price Band, Other Details
- News Work from Space? Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin unveils plans to build 'business park' in space
- Sports Shoaib Akhtar clarifies after walking out of TV show
- Automobiles Ultraviolette F77 Gets Put Through Its Paces — EV Sports Bike Is Getting Ready To Rip
- Education JKBOSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2021: Check JKBOSE Class 12 Board Exam Date Sheet For WZ Jammu And Kashmir Division
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
If you are a soup fanatic, then this recipe will definitely take your heart away. A nice vegetable soup is always good for your healthy routine.
Soups can be a healthy and easy option to fill up your tummy while keeping your calories, fat and carb intake at an all-time low. Chef Ajay Thakur brings us this amazing recipe of the roasted red pepper soup, which is gluten free, dairy free and extremely low on calories.
The flavour notes are tangy, vibrant and sweet. The roasted flavour of the peppers, herbs and the garlic topped with spices makes it extremely scrumptious to indulge in completely guilt free. Do try it for sure.
Recipe By: Chef Ajay Thakur
Recipe Type: Soup
Red bell peppers (halved and cleaned) - 8-10
Garlic (peeled) - 5 cloves
Onion (chopped) - 2 cups
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Fresh thyme - 2 large sprigs
Bay leaves - 2
Vegetable broth - 4 cups
Hot sauce - 1 tbsp
Salt - ½ tbsp
Ground pepper - ½ tbsp
Rice vinegar - 2 tbsp
1. For this, first we need red bell pepper. Clean the peppers properly and wipe them with a cloth.
2. Now will cut the peppers in half and remove all seeds and membranes.
3. Press the red peppers flat with your hand and lay them on a foil lined, rimmed baking sheet.
4. Place the garlic cloves on the baking sheet.
5. Now set the oven on broil and raise the rack to the upper position.
6. Broil the red peppers and garlic for 15 minutes.
7. Once the pepper skin has blackened, remove it from the oven and place in a large zip bag to steam. (10 minutes)
8. Pre-heat a large heavy pot to medium heat.
9. Add the oil, thyme, bay leaves, and onions. Cook for 10 minutes, until onions are soft.
10. Add the broth, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
11. Now squeeze the garlic cloves out of the peels into the pot.
12. Then peel the charred skin off each pepper half and place it in the pot.
13. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook another 20 minutes.
14. Remove the bay leaves and thyme springs.
15. Then, using a hand-held immersion blender or standard blender, blend until smooth.
16. Add the vinegar and salt again if needed.
17. Serve with extra thyme leaves.
- 1. You can use organic coconut oil or avocado oil instead of olive oil.
- 2. Tomatoes or cherry tomatoes can be added to the soup as a variation.
- Serving Size - 2 cups
- Calories - 250 cal
- Fat - 6 g
- Protein - 7 g
- Carbohydrates - 45 g
- Sugar - 10 g
- Dietary Fibre - 5 g