Yummy, healthy and low calorie soup best for all those want to be fit and opt for light dinners. You can even have it in the lunch time and skip the heavy lunch.
The lentils in the soup fills your tummy and is light as well. This soup has garlic flavour with lots of white onions, carrots and parsley in it. Try this recipe for light dinners and you are done. It just takes 20 -25 minutes and you are good to go. Want to make a little tasty add a little bit of butter or cream if you don't mind some calories.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Soup
- White onion, finely sliced - 1
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves, sliced - 3
- Carrots, scrubbed and diced - 2
- Red lentils - 1 cup
- Vegetable stock cube, crumbled - 1
- Generous sprigs parsley, chopped (about 2 tbsp) plus a few extra leaves
1. Put the kettle on to boil while you finely slice the onion.
2.Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and fry for 2 minutes while you slice the garlic and dice the carrots.
3.Add them to the pan, and cook briefly over the heat.
4.Pour in 1 litre of the boiling water from the kettle, stir in the lentils and stock cube, then cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes until the lentils are tender.
5.Take off the heat and stir in the parsley.
6.Ladle into bowls, and scatter with extra parsley leaves, if you like.
- 1. You can add ground coriander and cumin for additional flavouring.
- 2. You can also add red bell pepper.
- Serving Size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 258 cal
- Fat - 5g
- Protein - 13g
- Carbohydrates - 37g
- Sugar - 12g
- Dietary Fibre - 8g
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: Carrot-Apple-Pomegranate Juice For Hemoglobin And Weight Loss
- Incredible Benefits Of Carrot For Skin
- How To Make ABC Detox Drink
- Benefits Of Carrot For Skin Care
- Top 12 Foods That Are Rich In Folate
- Homemade Vegetable Face Packs For Glowing Skin
- 20 Immune-boosting Winter Foods To Strengthen Your Immunity
- 20 Home Remedies On How To Overcome Irregular Periods Naturally
- 20 Foods That Lower Blood Pressure Quickly & Naturally
- 10 Face Mask Recipes That Can Boost Your Skin’s Collagen
- Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe: How To Prepare Carrot Halwa
- Carrot Kheer Recipe: How To Make Carrot Payasam