- Movies Soha Ali Khan Says Parenthood Has Changed Her Habits; Wants Inaaya To Learn By Example
- Sports Sri Lanka to go ahead with Pakistan tour despite terror fears
- Technology Huawei Watch GT 2 Unveiled With 14 Days Battery Life
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Automobiles 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Yummy, healthy and low calorie soup best for all those want to be fit and opt for light dinners. You can even have it in the lunch time and skip the heavy lunch.
The lentils in the soup fills your tummy and is light as well. This soup has garlic flavour with lots of white onions, carrots and parsley in it. Try this recipe for light dinners and you are done. It just takes 20 -25 minutes and you are good to go. Want to make a little tasty add a little bit of butter or cream if you don't mind some calories.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Soup
- White onion, finely sliced - 1
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves, sliced - 3
- Carrots, scrubbed and diced - 2
- Red lentils - 1 cup
- Vegetable stock cube, crumbled - 1
- Generous sprigs parsley, chopped (about 2 tbsp) plus a few extra leaves
1. Put the kettle on to boil while you finely slice the onion.
2.Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and fry for 2 minutes while you slice the garlic and dice the carrots.
3.Add them to the pan, and cook briefly over the heat.
4.Pour in 1 litre of the boiling water from the kettle, stir in the lentils and stock cube, then cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes until the lentils are tender.
5.Take off the heat and stir in the parsley.
6.Ladle into bowls, and scatter with extra parsley leaves, if you like.
- 1. You can add ground coriander and cumin for additional flavouring.
- 2. You can also add red bell pepper.
- Serving Size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 258 cal
- Fat - 5g
- Protein - 13g
- Carbohydrates - 37g
- Sugar - 12g
- Dietary Fibre - 8g