- 50 min ago Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- 6 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2021: Rubina Dilaik, Raveena Tandon, And Other Divas In Their Gorgeous Ethnic Suits
- 17 hrs ago Deficiency Of These Vitamins And Minerals Can Cause Insomnia
- 19 hrs ago COVID-19: Back-To-School Tips For Parents And Children
- Sports UFC Vegas 41 results and recap: Vettori edges Costa in a 5-round classic brawl as Dawson-Glenn ends in draw
- Technology How To Check Jio Number: USSD Codes, SMS, MyJio App And More
- News India reports 15,906 new Covid cases in the last 24 hours; Active caseload stands at 1,72,594
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Kundali Bhagya In, Bigg Boss 15 Out Of Top 10; Yeh Hai Chahatein Witnesses A Drop
- Finance 2 Important Updates By CBIC For GST Taxpayers
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
- Automobiles Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
Plum cake is one of the must haves during Christmas. After all it is so delicious to eat and provides the much-needed warmth during the chilly winters. Plum cakes are generally single flavoured cake with different kinds of frosting. Though it is known as Christmas cake In order to make your Christmas wonderful and memorable, we are here with the recipe for plum cake.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Cake
Serves: 10 Slices
1. For Soaking Dry Fruits
- 100 grams of chopped dates
- 100 grams of raisins
- 50 grams of tutti frutti
- 200 grams mixed berry
- 100 grams chopped fig
- 50 grams of chopped apricot
- 200 ml grape juice
2. For Cake Batter
- 300 grams of brown sugar
- 300 grams of maida
- 250 grams of butter, softened
- 130 grams of curd
- 50 grams of oil
- 50 grams of almond powder
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cashew
- 2 tablespoon of chopped cherry
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of clove powder
3. For Cherry Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cherry
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
1. Soaking Dry Fruits
a. First of all take a jar and add 200 grams mixed berry, 100 grams of raisins, 100 grams of dates, 100 grams of fig, 50 grams of tutti frutti, and 50 grams of apricot.
b. Soak all of them in 200 ml grape juice or brandy or rum. You can use orange juice for this purpose.
c. Mix all the items well and soak for at least 8 hours. This way the dry fruits will be able to absorb all the juice.
2. Preparing Plum Cake
a. Now take a large bowl and add 250 grams butter along with 300 grams brown sugar in it. In case, you don't have brown sugar, you can also go for white sugar.
b. Beat the sugar and butter well so that they turn out look like a creamy substance.
c. Once the butter and sugar turn out to be creamy then add 50 grams of oil along with 130 grams of curd. The reason why we are using curd is because this will help us in giving a nice texture to our eggless plum cake.
d. Now you need to beat the mixture until it turns out to be creamy, quite similar to frosting.
e. After this, add 300 grams of all purpose flour also known as maida, 50 grams of almond powder, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp clove powder and ¼ tsp cinnamon powder.
f. With the help of a spatula, mix everything well. Avoid over-mixing the ingredients else this would make the cake chewy.
g. After this, add all soaked dry fruits. In case, the dry fruits haven't absorbed all the juice then you will have to drain the remaining juice before adding the dry fruits into the mixture.
h. Now, add 2 tablespoons of pistachios, along with 2 tablespoons of cherry and cashew.
i. You need to mix the dry fruits well so that they get combined nicely.
j. At this point, transfer the cake batter into a cake tin or mould.
k. Before transferring the batter, you need to line the tin or mould with a thin butter paper or dust it with loose flour.
l. Tap the tin to ensure there aren't any bubbles in the tin.
m. Now bake the cake into a preheated oven. You need to bake the cake at 160 degrees for around 1.5 hours.
n. Once you have baked the cake, insert a toothpick into the cake to check if it has baked completely.
o. Once the cake cools down and unmold the eggless plum cake.
3. Preparing Cherry Syrup
a. Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of cherry, ¼ cup sugar and 1 cup of water in a pan.
b. Boil the ingredients until the cherry softens.
c. Let the mixture cool down completely.
d. Poke the cake at different places with the help of a skewer. But make sure you do not damage or break the cake entirely.
e. After this, pour the cherry syrup slowly into the holes made by skewer.
f. You can also use alcohol of your choice to feed the cake.
g. Let the cake rest for at least one hour. This way the cake will absorb all the juice.
h. Serve this cake or store it into an air-tight container for a week.
- Though it is known as Christmas cake In order to make your Christmas wonderful and memorable, we are here with the recipe for plum cake.
- 10 - Slices
- Cal - 516kcal
- Fat - 148.2 g
- Protein - 63.6 g
- Carbs - 345.9 g
- Fiber - 9.6 g