- 1 hr ago Omicron: German Capital Berlin Turns Into COVID Hotspot
- 2 hrs ago Expert Opinion: Maharashtra's New Guidelines For Sensitive Handling Of Crimes Against Women & Children
- 9 hrs ago Greek Artist Alekos Fassianos Passes Away: Tribute
- 9 hrs ago What Is A Mucus Plug? What Does Losing Your Mucus Plug Mean During Pregnancy?
- Movies International Film Festival Of Kerala IFFK 2022 Postponed Due To COVID Surge
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale: Top Discount Offers On Intel Core i7 Laptops
- Sports Ben Stokes opts out of IPL 2022 auctions to stay fresh for English home summer: Reports
- Finance First IPO Of 2022 To Open On January 19, 2022: Know Key Points
- News I can beat up Modi: Congress leader's video kicks up controversy
- Education CBSE Science Challenge 2021-22 Announced For Students Of Class 8 To Class 10. Check Details Here
- Automobiles Citroen C3 Debuts In ‘Messi’ Land: India Launch Soon
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In West Bengal In Winter Of 2022
Plum cake is one of the must haves during Christmas. After all it is so delicious to eat and provides the much-needed warmth during the chilly winters. Plum cakes are generally single flavoured cake with different kinds of frosting. Though it is known as Christmas cake In order to make your Christmas wonderful and memorable, we are here with the recipe for plum cake.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Cake
Serves: 10 Slices
1. For Soaking Dry Fruits
- 100 grams of chopped dates
- 100 grams of raisins
- 50 grams of tutti frutti
- 200 grams mixed berry
- 100 grams chopped fig
- 50 grams of chopped apricot
- 200 ml grape juice
2. For Cake Batter
- 300 grams of brown sugar
- 300 grams of maida
- 250 grams of butter, softened
- 130 grams of curd
- 50 grams of oil
- 50 grams of almond powder
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cashew
- 2 tablespoon of chopped cherry
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of clove powder
3. For Cherry Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cherry
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
1. Soaking Dry Fruits
a. First of all take a jar and add 200 grams mixed berry, 100 grams of raisins, 100 grams of dates, 100 grams of fig, 50 grams of tutti frutti, and 50 grams of apricot.
b. Soak all of them in 200 ml grape juice or brandy or rum. You can use orange juice for this purpose.
c. Mix all the items well and soak for at least 8 hours. This way the dry fruits will be able to absorb all the juice.
2. Preparing Plum Cake
a. Now take a large bowl and add 250 grams butter along with 300 grams brown sugar in it. In case, you don't have brown sugar, you can also go for white sugar.
b. Beat the sugar and butter well so that they turn out look like a creamy substance.
c. Once the butter and sugar turn out to be creamy then add 50 grams of oil along with 130 grams of curd. The reason why we are using curd is because this will help us in giving a nice texture to our eggless plum cake.
d. Now you need to beat the mixture until it turns out to be creamy, quite similar to frosting.
e. After this, add 300 grams of all purpose flour also known as maida, 50 grams of almond powder, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp clove powder and ¼ tsp cinnamon powder.
f. With the help of a spatula, mix everything well. Avoid over-mixing the ingredients else this would make the cake chewy.
g. After this, add all soaked dry fruits. In case, the dry fruits haven't absorbed all the juice then you will have to drain the remaining juice before adding the dry fruits into the mixture.
h. Now, add 2 tablespoons of pistachios, along with 2 tablespoons of cherry and cashew.
i. You need to mix the dry fruits well so that they get combined nicely.
j. At this point, transfer the cake batter into a cake tin or mould.
k. Before transferring the batter, you need to line the tin or mould with a thin butter paper or dust it with loose flour.
l. Tap the tin to ensure there aren't any bubbles in the tin.
m. Now bake the cake into a preheated oven. You need to bake the cake at 160 degrees for around 1.5 hours.
n. Once you have baked the cake, insert a toothpick into the cake to check if it has baked completely.
o. Once the cake cools down and unmold the eggless plum cake.
3. Preparing Cherry Syrup
a. Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of cherry, ¼ cup sugar and 1 cup of water in a pan.
b. Boil the ingredients until the cherry softens.
c. Let the mixture cool down completely.
d. Poke the cake at different places with the help of a skewer. But make sure you do not damage or break the cake entirely.
e. After this, pour the cherry syrup slowly into the holes made by skewer.
f. You can also use alcohol of your choice to feed the cake.
g. Let the cake rest for at least one hour. This way the cake will absorb all the juice.
h. Serve this cake or store it into an air-tight container for a week.
- Though it is known as Christmas cake In order to make your Christmas wonderful and memorable, we are here with the recipe for plum cake.
- 10 - Slices
- Cal - 516kcal
- Fat - 148.2 g
- Protein - 63.6 g
- Carbs - 345.9 g
- Fiber - 9.6 g
- Valentine's Week 2021: Prepare This Chocolate Cake For Your Partner
- Valentine’s Day 2021: How To Bake A Heart-Shaped Cake Without The Mould
- Bake Your Cake In Pressure Cooker With This Recipe
- How To Make Easy Vanilla Cake Recipe
- How To Make Banana And Jam Cake Recipe
- Strawberry And Cream Swiss Roll Recipe
- Eggless Dry Fruit Cake Recipe: How To Prepare Eggless Dry Fruit Cake At Home
- Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe: How To Prepare Eggless Chocolate Cake At Home
- Gluten-free Chocolate Dessert Recipe: How To Prepare Gluten-free Chocolate Dessert
- Pineapple Fantasy Recipe: How To Prepare Pineapple Delicacy At Home
- Carrot And Cardamom Shortcake Recipe: How To Prepare Carrot Pudding
- Mother’s Day: Mango Cake Recipe