- 1 hr ago On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- 3 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 16 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- News Andamans: COVID-19 tally now at 6.568
- Sports As IPL put on hold young Jharkhand batsmen Saurabh, Virat support PPL in steel city
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Automobiles Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
This recipe is a traditional Italian Christmas bread. Panettone is a sweet bread loaded with candied citron, lemon zest and raisins, and baked in a cylindrical mould, which gives it a distinctive look. This is a recipe by Chef Santhanam Subramanian, Pastry Chef, Radisson Blu Atria Bangalore.
Recipe By: Chef Santhanam Subramanian, PastryChef, Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 1 Pie
Warm milk - 1 ¼ cups
Castor sugar - 1/4 tsp
Soft butter - 2 ½ cups
Eggs - 5 Nos
Vanilla essence - ¼ tbsp
Lemon zest - 1 No
Orange zest - 1 No
Bread flour - 4 cups
Raisins - 80 gm
Sultanas - 80 gm
Dark rum - 1/8 cup
Lemon and orange peel chopped - 100 gm
- Grease a deep cake tin container with butter.
- You can use a panettone case.
- Take a bowl and pour the warm milk into it.
- Add the yeast and sugar in the warm milk.
- Leave for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, put the remaining sugar into it.
- Put butter and vanilla extract in the bowl.
- Beat them together until it becomes really light, creamy and pale.
- Stir in the lemon and orange zest.
- Add the eggs a little at a time until all are well incorporated.
- When the mixture starts to curdle, put the flour into it.
- Beat altogether with eggs.
- Place the flour in a large bowl.
- Put a pinch of salt into it.
- Mix it well.
- Make a well in the centre when flour and salt is mixed together in the bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture, then the butter and egg mixture into it.
- Now, fold it with a large spoon to make a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 mins in the bowl until it all starts to come together.
- It will be a pretty sticky dough at this stage.
- Now, put some flour on a surface of the kitchen top.
- Place the dough onto it.
- Knead for a further 10 minutes until everything has come together.
- Knead the dough until it becomes soft and stretchy.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl.
- Cover it with a cling film.
- Leave it aside in a warm place for 2 hrs until it gets doubled in size.
- Take a small saucepan and place the raisins and sultanas into it.
- Add rum into it.
- Heat gently for 5 to 7 minutes.
- When the dough has risen, tip it out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for another 5 minutes.
- Gradually knead in the soaked raisins, sultanas and chopped candied peel.
- Shape the dough into the shape of a ball and pop it into the prepared tin.
- If using a 20-cm cake tin, wrap a layer of baking parchment around the outside of the tin, to come up about 5 cm above the rim.
- Secure the paper with a string.
- Note that this will help contain the dough as it rises.
- Cover lightly with a cling film.
- Leave it aside to rise for another 1 hour until it has risen to the top of the tin or paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and fan 160°C gas.
- Adjust the oven shelf to the right height.
- Mix together the almonds, caster sugar and egg white for the topping.
- Gently brush over the top of the prepared panettone.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes until golden and risen.
- If the skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the bread then it is ready, else it has to be cooked more.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Leave it aside to cool completely.
- Dust it lightly with icing sugar.
- Cut it into wedges to serve.
- 1. While adding butter make sure to add unsalted butter.
- Serving size - 150 g
- Calories - 304
- Fat - 14 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 40 g
- Sugar - 17 g
- Fibre - 2 g