Dosa is one of the yummiest South Indian delicacies that is loved by all. You can have it at breakfast or lunch as a full meal. Dosas are available in lots of varieties.
Today, making dosa has become much more easier, thanks to the ready-made dosa batter that is available in the market. Still, if you don't want to use that, you can grind rice and urad ki dal in a certain proportion and prepare the dosa batter.
To bring variation in the age-old dosa recipe, today you will learn how you can make the palak paneer dosa recipe. You can get the healthy touch of spinach and cottage cheese with the yumminess of this new recipe. Try it now!!!
Recipe By: Boldsky Staff
Recipe Type: Main Course
Spinach purée - 1 cup
Ready-made dosa batter - 2½ cups
Paneer (cut in cubes) - 250 grams
Onions (2 medium and 1 small) - 3
Oil - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1½ tsp
Garlic (chopped) - 1½ tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) - 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1½ tsp
Green chillies (finely chopped) - 2
1. Take a big bowl and add the dosa batter to it.
2. Add spinach purée and whisk the mixture well.
3. Add salt and again give it a good mix.
4. Heat a pan and add oil into it.
5. Add cumin seeds and let it turn golden brown on heating it.
6. Add garlic and sauté it well.
7. Add the chopped onions and when that becomes light golden brown in colour, add the paneer cubes.
8. Give it a good toss.
9. Add red chilli powder, some chopped green chillies, freshly chopped coriander leaves and salt. Mix well again.
10. Pour the dosa batter on the tawa and spread it evenly on the bottom of the tawa.
11. Now, put some paneer mixture on it. If you want, you can drizzle some oil around the dosa.
12. Your dosa is almost cooked from the bottom.
13. Take a spatula and slowly make the fold and press it a bit.
14. Palak paneer dosa is ready to be served.
- 1.Do not make the batter too thin.
- 2.Allow the mixture of urad dal and rice to ferment for about 6 to 7 hours.
- Serving size - 2 dosas
- Calories - 80 cal
- Fat - 19 g
- Protein - 41 g
- Carbohydrates - 5 g
- Sugar - 3 g
- Fibre - 2 g