Creamy pasta in mushroom sauce is a continental dish, which is extremely creamy and the flavours of mushroom make it all the more drool-worthy.
You can use any kind of mushrooms in the recipe as per your liking. Chef Pallavi Nigam Sahay gives us a very simple recipe to try at home.
It is quick to make and you don't need too many ingredients for the same. Try it when your friends are coming over a short notice period. We are sure you'll leave them asking for more.
Recipe By: Chef Pallavi Nigam Sahay
Recipe Type: Main course
Pasta - 2 cups
Onion (chopped) - 1
Garlic (chopped) - 1 tsp
Mushroom (finely chopped) - 2 cups
Tinned tomatoes (chopped) - 2-3
Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
Grated parmesan - ½ cup
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
1. Boil the pasta in salted boiling water.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Put onions and sauté them until the onions turn pink, and then add garlic and chilli flakes.
4. Add finely chopped mushroom into the pan.
5. Season the mixture properly, saute till it gets brown and cooked.
6. Add tomatoes, some pasta water in the same .
7. Cook the pasta for about 3-4 minutes until the water reduces to a little thick consistency.
8. Put pasta in the same pan and toss the same. Add butter in the pan and mix the pasta properly. Season the pasta.
9. While serving the pasta, drizzle olive oil over the dish and top with some grated parmesan. Serve hot.
- 1. We use water in which pasta is boiled because that water is starchy and helps to make the sauce a little thick.
- 2. You can use any type of pasta according to your preference.
- Serving size - ½ cup
- Calories - 50 cal
- Fat - 1 g
- Protein - 1 g
- Carbohydrates - 10 g
- Sugar - 6 g
- Dietary fibre - 3 g