Milk Baklava Cake is the recipe where you can easily learn to make milk cake from scratch. It is a perfect light, sweet cake with soft texture. Baklava is an extra syrupy Greek dessert.
All one has to do is turn milk cake into baklava with this recipe. This delightful syrup cake is a super moist cake with a delicate blend of cardamom and orange blossom.
This is the perfect cake for tea time. Sweet but not heavy! A recipe known as Milk Cake Baklava prepared by Chef Vishal Atreya, Executive Chef, JW Marriott, is a treat mainly during the festive seasons.
Recipe By: Chef Vishal Atreya, Executive Chef, JW Marriott
Recipe Type: Dessert
Filo sheets - 10
Milk cake (mithai) - 7-8 pieces
Chopped pistachio - ½ cup
Clarified Butter - 3/4th cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Water - 2 cups
Rose Water - 5-6 tbsp
1.Take a baking tray.
2. Unfold the filo sheets.
3. Spread the filo sheets onto the baking tray.
4. Brush the filo sheet with clarified butter on the baking tray.
5. Take a fresh bowl and crumble the milk cake into it.
6. Add pistachio powder to the crumbled milk cake.
7. Mix the crumbled milk cake and pistachio powder properly.
8. Now, spread a small quantity of mixture from the bowl to the filo of the baking tray.
9. Again, brush the filo sheet with clarified butter and layer the mixture of milk cake and pistachio powder onto it and cover it with another filo sheet.
10. Repeat the above steps until the mixture covers till 10 sheets.
11. At the end of the 10th sheet, press the pastry down evenly.
12. Brush the filo sheet with clarified butter.
13. Refrigerate the tray for 1 hour.
14. Take out the tray from the refrigerator after 1 hour and put it aside till it cools down to the normal temperature.
15. After 1 hour, cut small dices of the mixture on the tray itself.
16. Now, put the baking tray into the oven and bake it at 180°C for 20 minutes.
17. In the mean time, take a pan and put it on high-medium flame.
18. Put the sugar into the pan.
19. Add water to the sugar in the pan.
20. Boil the sugar with the water till it reaches a one-string consistency.
21. Now, take out the tray from the oven.
22. Baked mixture is now known as baklava.
23. Put the prepared mixture of sugar syrup onto the baklava heavily all over.
24. Now, separate the baklava cake on the tray.
25. Serve the baklava cake at room temperature.
- 1.Baklava is an extra syrupy Greek dessert.
- Serving size - 30 g
- Calories - 1188 cal
- Fat - 80 g
- Protein - 18 g
- Carbohydrates - 104 g
- Sugar - 98 g
- Fibre - 6 g
- How To Make Avarekalu Saru Easily At Home
- Healthy Snacks: How To Make Avarekai Mixture
- How To Make Avarekai Palya At Home
- How To Make Avarekai Roti
- Yellow Bell Pepper Idli Cupcakes Recipe
- Gluten-free Singapore Vermicelli Noodles
- Vegetable Sagu Recipe: How To Prepare Mix Veg Sagu
- Shiitake And Filo Mille Feuille With Red Pepper Pesto Recipe
- Grana Padano Potage Recipe: How To Prepare Grana Padano Soup At Home
- Tomato Rice Recipe: How To Make South Indian Tomato Bhath
- This Recipe Gives Results In 72 Hours! It Speeds Up Your Metabolism, Removes Toxin From The Body
- Lemon Rice Recipe: How To Make Chitrana Rice At Home
- Mocha Cashew Butter Recipe