- News Union Minister Smriti Irani informed the Lok Sabha that NCPCR has launched the website ‘GHAR’ for the purpose
- Sports India vs Bangladesh, 3rd ODI: Bangla elect to field, Men In Blue bring in Ishan, Kuldeep Yadav
- Automobiles Bajaj Pulsar 150 Discontinued – Pulsar P150 Takes New Role
- Technology Redmi Note 12 5G Series India Launch Date and Key Specifications Revealed
- Movies Veena Kapoor Death: Son Kills Veteran Actress By Bashing Her Head With Bat; Nilu Kohli Is Heartbroken
- Education AILET 2023 ExamTomorrow; Check Details Here
- Finance Airtel Allocates Equity Worth Rs 71 Crore, To Foreign Debt Bond Holders
- Travel 5 Most Epic Offbeat Places To Visit In South India During Winter
Methi Paratha is one of the most-common Indian dishes that you will find throughout the country. The dish is prepared using methi leaves and wheat flour. Being one of the healthy paratha recipes, it is widely loved by people belonging to different age-groups. In fact, people love to have methi paratha during the winter season. This is because methi leaves are believed to provide warmth to the body and hence consuming methi leaves can benefit you.
In order to help you in making delicious methi paratha, we are here to share the recipe for the same. In order to know how to prepare methi paratha, read on.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: meal
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of chopped methi leaves
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped green chili
- ½ teaspoon of ajwain seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of garam masala
- ¾ teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 4-5 tablespoons of oil for cooking
- water to knead the dough
- Take a large mixing bowl and add flour, chopped methi leaves, chilies, garam masala, ajwain and salt.
- Now add 2 teaspoons of oil into it.
- Knead the flour into a soft dough by adding water in little quantities.
- Once you have kneaded the dough, cover it and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Heat the tawa on medium flame.
- Divide the dough into small balls of equal size.
- Dust the balls with dry flour and flatten it slightly with your palm.
- Roll the flattened dough using a rolling pin to make sure that the paratha is rolled equally.
- Now cook the paratha on the heated tawa.
- Keep the flame medium to ensure that the paratha doesn't burn.
- Cook the paratha from both the sides.
- Now apply a little bit of oil on the paratha and cook for 30-40 seconds by flipping on both the sides.
- Repeat this process until all the balls are made paratha.
- Serve with a curry or chutney.
- Always use fresh methi leaves. You can cut down the excess stem of the leaves. Use ghee if you do not prefer greasing the paratha with oil.
- People - 3
- kcal - 144 kcal
- Fat - 2g
- Protein - 6g
- Carbs - 26 g
- Fiber - 4g
- Diabetic-Friendly And Heart-Healthy Recipe: How To Prepare Moong Dal And Methi Leaves Sabzi
- The 5 Miraculous Spices Of Bengali Cuisine
- Navratri 2022: IRCTC's Special Vrat Thali On Train Is A Complete Delight For Passengers: Check The Price Here!
- Did You Know Adding Table Salt To Food Can Cut Years Off Your Life?
- How Does Food Affect Our Hormones? Types Of Food To Avoid And Dietary Tips
- Complete Disclosure Of Food Article Being Veg Or Non-veg Must: Delhi High Court
- How To Make Your Diet More Sustainable, Healthy Or Cheap - Without Giving Up Nutrients
- 10 Winter Superfoods That Can Help Control Diabetes
- Why Diet Is the Most Important Part Of Fitness
- Expert Interview: Nutritionist Explains The Connection Between Food, Skin And Beauty [Exclusive]
- 10 Things That Happen To Your Body And Mind When You Don't Eat Enough Food
- Organic Vs Non-Organic Foods: Pros And Cons And Which One Is Better