- 10 hrs ago What Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- 10 hrs ago Vikrant Rona Actress Jacqueline Fernandez Goes Retro In Co-ord Set! PICS
- 11 hrs ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 14 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- News Sri Lanka Crisis: What is the 21st Amendment bill which seeks to end presidential system
- Sports RCB Playoff Chances 2022: Here's how Royal Challengers Bangalore can enter IPL 2022 knockouts
- Finance Stocks To Buy: These 3 Stocks Can Gain Upto 39% In 1 Year, Stable Volume Growth Reported
- Movies Shailesh Lodha Quits Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah; Actor Is No Longer Shooting For The Show - Reports
- Education TANCET 2022 Result: Anna University To Announce Results In June Second Week. Check Dates And Other Details
- Automobiles CNG Price Hiked Again: Rs 2 Increased Per Kg
- Technology Vivo Y01 Launched As Brand’s Latest Entry-Level Phone: Features & Price
- Travel 10 Wonderful Destinations In Madhya Pradesh You Must Visit
Losing weight can be tricky, however, cutting back on calories counts a lot in the process. How about we bring to you a low-calorie quick vegetarian recipe, which will not only help you lose weight effectively but will also tantalise your tastebuds and satisfy your cravings?
Cabbage soup could be one of the best nutrient-packed snack or lunch options filled with the goodness of ingredients like capsicum or bell pepper, carrots, tomato and varieties of seasoning. It is also delicious and will make you indulge in the food any time of the day.
According to a study published in the journal Hindawi, the antioxidants in cabbage can help prevent a range of chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart diseases and hepatic diseases. The glycemic index of ingredients used in this soup recipe also comes under low levels. For example, the GI of cabbage is 10, capsicum is 15, carrot is 47 and tomato is 15.
This cabbage soup recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, low-calories, soy-free and high in fibre.
Read on to know how to make cabbage soup.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Snack
- One tablespoons olive oil.
- One-fourth of cabbage, sliced.
- One small-sized onion, chopped.
- One small-sized carrot, chopped.
- One small-sized capsicum, chooped.
- One small-sized tomato, chopped.
- One or two spring onions, chopped.
- Half teaspoon garlic, chopped.
- Half teaspoon ground pepper.
- One teaspoon of Italian seasoning that consists of oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary.
- Four cups of low-salt vegetable broth.
- One teaspoon of white vinegar.
- Salt to taste.
- Take a pan and heat oil on a medium flame.
- Add onion and spring onion and stir until they get a bit brown.
- Add carrots, capsicum, garlic, pepper, seasoning and salt to taste.
- Stir fry for around two minutes.
- Add broth, tomato and cabbage and cook on high flame for a while.
- Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Add vinegar and shimmer for two more minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Vegetable broth is a simple recipe; it can be prepared earlier and freezed as ice cubes, to be defrosted whenever required. To prepare vegetable broth, boil water (around four cups) in a large pot and add cruciferous vegetables like onions, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, garlic and celery and boil the mixture for around 10 minutes on a high flame to let all the nutrients from the vegetables seep out. Discard the vegetables and freeze the broth in ice cube trays. Keep it in glass jar to use it within a week.
- People - 2
- Calories - 133
- Protein - 3 g
- Carbohydrates - 19.8 g
- Fiber - 7 g
- 11 Health Benefits Of Drinking Cabbage Water
- 11 Impressive Health Benefits Of Sauerkraut
- Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- Sulforaphane: Benefits, Side Effects And Food Sources
- Cabbage-Apple Juice For Weight Loss And Gut Health
- Cabbage V/s Lettuce Nutrition: Which Is More Nutritious?
- Top 12 Superfoods For Healthy Kidneys
- Low-calorie Cabbage Paratha Recipe: How To Prepare Patta Gobi Paratha At Home
- This Cabbage And Ginger Juice Helps Lose Weight & Cleanses Liver
- Cabbage Thoran Recipe: How To Make Traditional Cabbage Thoran
- Cabbage Palya Recipe | Kosu Poriyal Recipe | Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe
- Healthy Foods For Kidney Stone Treatment