- 20 min ago Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Donkey Milk: Uses and Downsides
- 4 hrs ago Shiitake Mushrooms: Nutrition, Health Benefits And Ways To Eat
- 4 hrs ago Eye Make-up Looks To Wear With Face Mask This Festive Season
- 4 hrs ago Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49, 1st innings: Blistering knock from Nitish Rana sees Kolkata Knight Riders post 172/5
- News Military talks with China have no link with 'any extraneous issue': India
- Finance How to Open SBI Demat Account?
- Movies Kriti Kharbanda’s Birthday Wish For This Year Is A ‘Corona-Free’ World
- Automobiles Toyota Launches First Regional Stockyard in India: Delivery Times To Reduce
- Education DTE Karnataka Diploma Result 2020: How To Check BTELINX Karnataka Diploma Results 2020
- Technology Vi Launches Add-On Plans; Offering Star Talk, Games, And More Benefits
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Recipe By: Le Garden-The Salad Company
Recipe Type: Vegan Salads
- 1 cup quinoa
- 0.5 cup sweet corn
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 0.5 cup spinach
- 1 cup red yellow bell peppers chopped
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 tbsp Cranberries
- 0.25 cup cashews
- 3 deseeded dates
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- 0.5 tsp black salt
- 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 0.25 cup water
- Cranberries/blueberries (optional)
- Soak the quinoa overnight. After 12 hours of soaking, pressure cook for 1-2 whistles. Press it between your fingers, if the coarseness has disappeared, great, you are ready to go, else continue cooking in the cooker.
- Take the cucumber, peel it and taste a slice to check if its bitter, continue if all is good. Peel as thin as possible, since most of the nutrients lie just below the skin.
- Strain the sweet corn, measure the quantity and keep aside.
- Take the spinach and soak it in salt water for 5 mins. Wash it thoroughly in running water. Strain it very well and tear it to bits (the size that will be easy to chew). Its always better to tear the greens in a salad than chopping it.
- Wash and chop the bell peppers and parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients with cranberries and toss it in a bowl.
For the dressing:
Put the dates in the mixer grinder with 1-2 tbsp water. Pulse it, till you get a date paste.
In another mixture, grind cashew pieces, till you get a smooth powder. Add the date paste and tamarind and as much water as necessary. Grind for 5-10seconds. Add salt and chilli flakes as per your taste. Add more water as per the consistency desired.
Pour the dressing on the salad and ENJOY!
If you are packing it on the go, pack the dressing separately even then, to avoid the salad from getting soggy.
- Soak the quinoa overnight. After 12 hours of soaking, pressure cook for 1-2 whistles.
- Grams - 633.5g
- Kcal - 688Kcal
- Fat - 17g
- Protein - 31g
- carbs - 114g
- Cholesterol - 86mg
- Dietary Fiber - 14g