- 1 hr ago On Malavika Mohanan’s Birthday, Her 5 Floral Outfits That Will Leave You Inspired
- 18 hrs ago Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- 20 hrs ago Panchamrut Recipe: How To Prepare The Auspicious Sweet Prasad Dish At Home
- 21 hrs ago Kamika Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Automobiles Honda Cars Price Hike Announced: Amaze Prices Increase By Rs 1.12 lakh — Model-Wise Price List
- Sports IPL 2021: Eoin Morgan confirms his participation in IPL 2021, to lead Kolkata Knight Riders
- News Flooding in Rajasthan due to incessant rains
- Finance India's Service Sector PMI Shows Contraction For Third Straight Month In July
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Shares Sister-In-Law Saba Ali Khan's Post After Being Accused Of Ignoring Her
- Technology Lenovo Tab P12 Pro With SD855 Chip Expected Soon; Google Play Console Listing Confirms
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
Recipe By: Le Garden-The Salad Company
Recipe Type: Vegan Salads
- 1 cup quinoa
- 0.5 cup sweet corn
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 0.5 cup spinach
- 1 cup red yellow bell peppers chopped
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 tbsp Cranberries
- 0.25 cup cashews
- 3 deseeded dates
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- 0.5 tsp black salt
- 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 0.25 cup water
- Cranberries/blueberries (optional)
- Soak the quinoa overnight. After 12 hours of soaking, pressure cook for 1-2 whistles. Press it between your fingers, if the coarseness has disappeared, great, you are ready to go, else continue cooking in the cooker.
- Take the cucumber, peel it and taste a slice to check if its bitter, continue if all is good. Peel as thin as possible, since most of the nutrients lie just below the skin.
- Strain the sweet corn, measure the quantity and keep aside.
- Take the spinach and soak it in salt water for 5 mins. Wash it thoroughly in running water. Strain it very well and tear it to bits (the size that will be easy to chew). Its always better to tear the greens in a salad than chopping it.
- Wash and chop the bell peppers and parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients with cranberries and toss it in a bowl.
For the dressing:
Put the dates in the mixer grinder with 1-2 tbsp water. Pulse it, till you get a date paste.
In another mixture, grind cashew pieces, till you get a smooth powder. Add the date paste and tamarind and as much water as necessary. Grind for 5-10seconds. Add salt and chilli flakes as per your taste. Add more water as per the consistency desired.
Pour the dressing on the salad and ENJOY!
If you are packing it on the go, pack the dressing separately even then, to avoid the salad from getting soggy.
- Soak the quinoa overnight. After 12 hours of soaking, pressure cook for 1-2 whistles.
- Grams - 633.5g
- Kcal - 688Kcal
- Fat - 17g
- Protein - 31g
- carbs - 114g
- Cholesterol - 86mg
- Dietary Fiber - 14g