Indian desserts are such a treat! Almost everyone's heart becomes pure when it is all about food, dessert included. Only the best ingredients work in a dish that is so simple and the basic ingredient of this dish is dairy.
After years of research and testing, the chef has finally developed the perfect kaju katli and rabri cheesecake recipe. It is much better than the real thing because in the recipe Rabri, the heart of desserts, is added to it.
This recipe can wholeheartedly attest that this is one of the best desserts we would have ever tried. Now onto the flavouring, the rad thing about this dessert is its versatility. This is one dessert that is seriously hard to mess up with.
The dessert recipe, i.e., Kaju Katli and Rabri created by Chef Vishal Atreya creates nostalgia for sure, once you give it a try.
Recipe By: Chef Vishal Atreya, Executive Chef, JW Marriott
Recipe Type: Dessert
Kaju Katli - 7-10 pieces
Cream Cheese - 1 cup
Rabri - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Eggs - 4
Cardamom Powder - 2 tsp
Flour - 2 tbsp
Whipped Cream - To Garnish
1. Take a silver foil and wrap the cheesecake into it.
2. Take a tray and place a wrapped cheesecake onto it.
3. Take a plate full of Kaju Katli.
4. Line the base of the ring with the Kaju Katli.
5. In a bowl, put cheese in it.
6. Cream the cheese in a bowl.
7. Add rabri into the cream.
8. Add eggs, sugar, and cardamom to the cream.
9. And add the flour into the bowl of a cream and cheese.
10. Pour this cream-based mixture over the lined frame on a tray.
11. Bake the lined frame containing the cream cheese mixture in a water bath in an oven @ 150°C for 1 hour.
12.After 1 hour, take out the mixture from the oven.
13. Keep this mixture aside, till the mixture gets normal in room temperature.
14. Now, keep this mixture into the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours till it chills down.
15. Take out the mixture from the refrigerator after it gets chilled.
16. Now, slice the cheese cake.
17. Garnish the cheese cake with some whipped cream.
- 1.Let batter ingredients stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to soften the cream cheese.
- Serving size - 1 slice
- Calories - 692 cal
- Fat - 58 g
- Protein - 18 g
- Carbohydrates - 34 g
- Sugar - 9 g
- Fibre - 6 g