- 2 hrs ago Managing Diabetes To Reducing Weight, Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Jicama
- 2 hrs ago Yuru Kabgyat Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- 4 hrs ago What Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago 5 Things To Keep In Mind While Designing Your Kids' Bedroom
- Automobiles State-Wise Percentage Of Car/Bike Ownership In India
- Movies Thank You Teaser Review: Naga Chaitanya-Vikram K Kumar's Movie Looks Promising
- Technology Oppo Reno 8 Pro Indian Variant Details Out; Coming Next Month Alongside Reno 8
- News IndiGo posts Rs 1,681 cr loss in Q4, revenue rises 28.9 percent
- Sports Champions League Final, Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Midfield battle holds key, says Mark Seagraves
- Travel The Most Beautiful Monsoon Places In India
- Education Assam HSLC Result 2022: Check SEBA Class 10 HSLC Result Date, Steps To Download And Other Details
- Finance Emkay Global Recommends Buying This Fashion & Retail Stock For Over 40% Returns
Mango, the summer fruit, when added to any dish helps improve its richness, taste and flavour. A salad, made with mango and chickpea could be an easy way to get the goodness of vitamin and potassium-packed mangoes, and protein, fibre and calcium-rich chickpeas.
This chickpea and mango salad is quick, easy to prepare and summer-friendly as it is light and low in calories. It's the ideal balance of sweet and savoury fruits and vegetables. The salad can be served directly or in a taco or wrap, or as a side dish at a barbecue. Mint, chilli and other ingredients added to the dish makes it crispy, herby, flavourful and nutritious.
Here's the recipe for a summer-friendly mango chickpea salad.
How To Prepare Mango Chickpea Salad
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Salad
- Around 425 g of chickpeas, or 1 can or 15 ounces.
- A large-sized mango, chopped.
- A red capsicum, sliced into thin pieces.
- Three cups of baby spinach. If not available, you can use fresh mustard greens or sarso ka saag.
- One-fourth cup of roasted and salted pumpkin seeds.
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped.
- A small-sized shallot (a type of onion with mild flavour), chopped.
- A few coriander leaves, chopped.
- A few mint leaves, chopped.
- A small-sized lemon, juiced.
- Two tablespoons of avocado oil or half cup diced avocado.
- 4-5 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- A pinch of black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- In a bowl, add chickpeas, mango, baby spinach, capsicum and avocado (if available).
- In a small bowl or glass, combine lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste and blend well.
- Pour over the bowl and toss well.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, coriander leaves, green chillies and shallots.
- Serve immediately.
- Make sure the mango is half-ripe and half raw as it will add a sweet and tangy flavour to the salad.
- People - 1
- Calories - 792
- Protein - 22 g
- Carbohydrates - 57 g
- Fiber - 16 g
- Mango For Hair: Is It Good? 2 Quick And Easy DIY Hair Packs
- From Treating Ulcers To Managing Diabetes, Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Mango Flowers
- Mango Dessert Recipe For Ramadan: How To Prepare Mango Panna Cotta
- Do Mango Peels Have Health Benefits?
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- Diabetic-Friendly, Perfect-For-Summer Mango And Almond Smoothie Recipe
- Best Homemade Summer Cooler Recipes: How To Prepare Mango-Orange Soda
- Why Women Should Include Mangoes In Their Diet - 10 Evidence-Based Reasons
- Mango Vs Litchi: Who Is The Winner Of The Best Summer Fruit?
- Mango Mousse Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home In Different Ways
- Why Is Raw Mango Juice (Aam Panna) Considered The Best Drink To Treat Sunstroke?
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mango; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes