- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 04 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 9 hrs ago Do You Walk Every Day? Here Are 10 Common Walking Mistakes To Avoid
- 10 hrs ago Can Raw Honey Lower Blood Sugar And Cholesterol?
- 12 hrs ago Venus Transit In Sagittarius On 05 December 2022 Effects On 12 Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Finance Axis Securities Sees Upside Potential In PSU Bank Stock, Large Cap Private Bank, Buy Call Assigned
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina vs Australia: Messi scores as Argentina win 2-1 and qualify for quarterfinals
- News MCD Elections 2022: Stage set for high-stakes civic polls; 1.45 cr electors eligible to vote
- Movies Throwback: When Deepika Padukone Said No To Cameos But Broke Her Stance For Hubby Ranveer Singh's Cirkus!
- Automobiles Hyundai Confirms Ioniq 5 EV To Be Equipped With Level 2 ADAS – Comes With Front & Rear Radars
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
- Education Around 3,000 Agniveers have joined Indian Navy
- Technology Twitter Restores Pranay Pathole's Account: Did Elon Musk Intervene?
Mango, the summer fruit, when added to any dish helps improve its richness, taste and flavour. A salad, made with mango and chickpea could be an easy way to get the goodness of vitamin and potassium-packed mangoes, and protein, fibre and calcium-rich chickpeas.
This chickpea and mango salad is quick, easy to prepare and summer-friendly as it is light and low in calories. It's the ideal balance of sweet and savoury fruits and vegetables. The salad can be served directly or in a taco or wrap, or as a side dish at a barbecue. Mint, chilli and other ingredients added to the dish makes it crispy, herby, flavourful and nutritious.
Here's the recipe for a summer-friendly mango chickpea salad.
How To Prepare Mango Chickpea Salad
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Salad
- Around 425 g of chickpeas, or 1 can or 15 ounces.
- A large-sized mango, chopped.
- A red capsicum, sliced into thin pieces.
- Three cups of baby spinach. If not available, you can use fresh mustard greens or sarso ka saag.
- One-fourth cup of roasted and salted pumpkin seeds.
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped.
- A small-sized shallot (a type of onion with mild flavour), chopped.
- A few coriander leaves, chopped.
- A few mint leaves, chopped.
- A small-sized lemon, juiced.
- Two tablespoons of avocado oil or half cup diced avocado.
- 4-5 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- A pinch of black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- In a bowl, add chickpeas, mango, baby spinach, capsicum and avocado (if available).
- In a small bowl or glass, combine lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste and blend well.
- Pour over the bowl and toss well.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, coriander leaves, green chillies and shallots.
- Serve immediately.
- Make sure the mango is half-ripe and half raw as it will add a sweet and tangy flavour to the salad.
- People - 1
- Calories - 792
- Protein - 22 g
- Carbohydrates - 57 g
- Fiber - 16 g
- Mango For Hair: Is It Good? 2 Quick And Easy DIY Hair Packs
- From Treating Ulcers To Managing Diabetes, Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Mango Flowers
- Mango Dessert Recipe For Ramadan: How To Prepare Mango Panna Cotta
- Do Mango Peels Have Health Benefits?
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- Diabetic-Friendly, Perfect-For-Summer Mango And Almond Smoothie Recipe
- Best Homemade Summer Cooler Recipes: How To Prepare Mango-Orange Soda
- Why Women Should Include Mangoes In Their Diet - 10 Evidence-Based Reasons
- Mango Vs Litchi: Who Is The Winner Of The Best Summer Fruit?
- Mango Mousse Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home In Different Ways
- Why Is Raw Mango Juice (Aam Panna) Considered The Best Drink To Treat Sunstroke?
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mango; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes