- 32 min ago Why Is A Japa Mala Used For Mantra Meditation?
- 37 min ago Wedding Makeup Tips: An Easy Guide To Do Your Own Makeup For Wedding
- 1 hr ago Potato Juice For Hair: Benefits And How To Use It For Strong, Long Hair
- 2 hrs ago Makeup Tips 2023: 5 Makeup Trends That Are Going To Be Popular This year
- Technology China’s Baidu Working on ChatGPT-like Chatbot; May Launch in March
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone And John Abraham Deliver An All Time Blockbuster With Pathaan
- Finance ICICI Direct Picks 5 Stocks, Including 1 Maharatna, 2 Navratnas, With Hold, Buy Call
- News Bottle thrown at singer Kailash Kher during Hampi Utsav for not singing Kannada songs
- Automobiles The Suzuki Jimny Is Going Electric - Here's What We Know So Far
- Education LM Thapar School of Management Inviting Applications for MBA Programmes 2023
- Sports ILT20 2023: MI Emirates shatter records in win over Desert Vipers; Player Of The Match, List of Award Winners
- Travel Top 5 Lesser known Attractions in Africa to add to your bucket list this year!
How To Prepare Protein rich Usal/Sundal Recipe
Adjudged as the best vegan protein dish in the world, the good old usal or sundal or missal is an immunity boosting mood elevating food rich in fibre, antioxidants and amino acids. Diabetic and heart-friendly sprouts are regarded as a good diet that promotes weight loss.
Known to increase the production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lower total cholesterol in the body, Usal can be made with a variety of beans or legumes. It is a traditional grandma's recipe that is still relevant for its carbohydrate-free and healthful content that can be experimented with. Rich in diuretic and astringent properties, it is also known to effectively control fever and cholesterol levels. It is a full meal in itself and can be tried on a busy day. Here are two variations of this traditional recipe with a different set of masala ingredients to tantalize your taste buds. Check out the recipe here.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Soup/Dinner
Serves: 2 people
Masala Sundal (Variation 1)
- Channa/rajma/green peas- 1 cup
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Mustard-1/4 tsp
- Black gram dal-1/2 tsp
- Red chillies-1
- Green chillies-2
- Coriander seeds-1 tsp
- Black gram dal-1/2 tsp
- Bengal gram dal-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli- 2
- Hing - ¼ tsp
Masala Sundal (Variation 2)
- Channa/rajma/green peas-1 cup
- Salt-1 tsp
- Mustard-1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves- ½ cup
- Curry leaves- 1 strand
- Onion-1 big
- Garlic-2 clove
- Coconut-1 tbsp
- Cinnamon -1 small stick
- Tamarind-a marble size
- Sompu ( Fennel seed)-1/4 tsp
- Grated jaggery-1 tsp
How To Prepare(Variation 1)
1. Soak Channa overnight. Cook and drain. Keep aside.
2. Fry the masala ingredients.
3. Grind them with 2 2 tsp coconut gratings to make a coarse paste using very little water
4. Season in oil, some mustard, black gram dal, and red chillies.
5. Mix in cooked Channa, masala, and salt.
6. Stir well.
7. Finally garnish with curry and coriander leaves.
8. Remove from fire.
9. Add ¼ tsp of lime juice to add a sour flavour to the Sundal.
How To Prepare(Variation 2)
1. Grind the above ingredients into a coarse paste without adding much water
2. Soak legumes overnight and cook well
3. Drain the water off the legumes.
4. Pour 1-1/2 tsp of oil in a pan.
5. Temper it as you normally would, along with adding some onion pieces and green chilies for added flavour.
6. Now add the ground masala and fry well.
7. Add Channa and salt
8. Stir well and Garnish with curry and coriander sprigs.
9. Remove from the gas stove.
- people - 2 people
- calories - 150kcal
- Fat - 6.6 g
- Carbohydrates - 12.5 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Fiber - 2.8 g
- How To Prepare A Nutritious Ragi Laddu With Dry Fruits Recipe
- How To Prepare The Easy Vegetarian Tacos Recipe
- How To Prepare Forgotten Yet Very Delicoius Mor Kali Recipe
- How To Prepare A Filling And Healthy Curd Upma Recipe
- How To Prepare Thick And Soupy Matar Ka Nimona Recipe
- Year Ender 2022: Top 10 Most Ordered Desserts In India
- Year Ender 2022: Top 10 Most Ordered Snacks On Food Apps In India
- How To Prepare Vegetarian Hakka Noodles Recipe
- How to Prepare A Piquant Spicy Tuvar Dal Recipe
- How To Prepare A Festive Tilwali Bhuni Khichdi Recipe For Sankranti
- How To Prepare Nutrient dense Radish Kofta Recipe
- How to Prepare Tongue Tickling Crispy Bhindi Kurkuri Recipe