- 7 hrs ago Easy Skincare Tips for College Students
- 8 hrs ago Discounts On Vitamin Supplements For Good Health And Improved Immunity: Get Up To 60% Off
- 9 hrs ago Shake It Up! Protein Powder Sale On Amazon: Upto 50% Off On Best Sellers
- 9 hrs ago 7 Signs That Show Your Partner May Be Using You In A Relationship
- Technology Vivo V25 Pro Vs Other Alternative Smartphones Under Rs. 35,000
- News Monkeypox cases jumped 20% in the last week to 35,000 across 92 countries: WHO
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14: Can You Answer The Rs 50 Lakh Question That Stumped Vimal Naranbhai Kambad?
- Finance DoT Receives Upfront Payment Of Rs. 17,876 Cr. For 5G Spectrum Won By Telecom Operators
- Sports England vs South Africa: Visitors dominate rain-affected first day at Lord's; Kagiso Rabada shines
- Travel Krishna Janmashtami 2022: Famous Lord Krishna Temples in India
- Education Download SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 1 final answer key and know the marks secured in the exam!
- Automobiles BMW Motorrad Launches Its New Touring Range In India, Prices Start At Rs 23.95 Lakh
Raksha Bandhan is a day to celebrate the sweet bond between brothers and sisters. Sweets help enhance the importance of the day and bring a cheerful smile to everyone's face. As this year's Raksha Bandhan is around the corner, people may be looking for some easy to prepare and less time taking sweet recipes.
Here is the recipe for gulab jamuns made with sweet potatoes. From the usual gulab jamuns which we prepare, this recipe is a bit different in both ingredients and taste. You can yourself taste the jamuns after preparing it and experience its yummy flavour and texture that cause it to melt in the mouth.
How To Prepare Gulab Jamun From Sweet Potatoes
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Sweets
Serves: 8 (8 gulab jamuns)
- Two medium-sized sweet potatoes.
- Eight pistachios.
- A tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- Around 170 g or a cup of sugar to prepare sugar syrup.
- Half cup of water.
- One-fourth teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Oil for frying.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and pressure cook them for up to 3-4 whistles. Make sure the water covers the potatoes.
- Once done, cool the sweet potatoes, remove their skin and roughly chop into 4-5 pieces.
- Take a masher and mash them well, making sure there are no small chunks left.
- Add maida and knead them with light hands to prepare a dough.
- Divide the dough into eight equal portions.
- Make small-sized balls from the dough.
- Take a single dough ball, flatten it, add a single pistachio in the middle and again roll it into the shape of a ball. Do the same with the remainder and keep them aside.
- In a pan, combine sugar and water and cook them on a low flame, stirring occasionally until a sticky and thick sugar syrup is formed.
- Once done, switch off the flame, add the cardamon powder and mix well.
- In a cauldron (kadai), fry the dough balls. Make sure the oil is neither too hot nor too cold. It is best to fry on a medium flame.
- When the jamuns turn golden brown, take them out on a kitchen paper towel to remove extra oil.
- Now add them to the sugar syrup and cover with a lid for some time.
- Once they get soaked completely and become soft, remove them from the syrup.
- Serve hot.
- You can replace sweet potatoes with potatoes, making sure the latter are small ones as they have a bit of sweetness in them.
- People - 8 (8 gulab jamuns)
- Calories - 92
- Protein - 1 g
- Carbohydrates - 20 g
- Fiber - 1 g
- Special Treat To Your Sweet Toothed Siblings This Raksha Bandhan: How To Prepare Lemon Layer Cake
- World Chocolate Day 2022: How To Prepare Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Spicy Chutney Recipe: How To Prepare Egg Chutney In Just 20 Minutes
- Healthy Soups To Enjoy On Summer Days: How To Prepare Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Calcium-Rich Recipe For Healthy Bones: Frozen Yoghurt And Mixed Fruit Parfait
- Diabetic-Friendly And Heart-Healthy Recipe: How To Prepare Moong Dal And Methi Leaves Sabzi
- Healthy Breakfast For Diabetic Moms: How To Prepare Drumstick Leaves Ragi Chapati
- Benefits Of Potatoes And The Healthiest Way To Cook Them
- How To Prepare Healthy Ghee Idli: Shahid Kapoor’s Favourite South Indian Dish
- Tasty Recipes With Chicken: How To Prepare Chicken Fajitas With Indian Spices
- Best Homemade Summer Cooler Recipes: How To Prepare Mango-Orange Soda
- How To Prepare Sugar-Free Chocolate Sandesh: Special Diabetic-Friendly Recipe