- 3 hrs ago How Does The Body Convert Carbohydrates Into Energy?
- 4 hrs ago Actress Elli AvrRam Shares Some Intriguing Personal Experiences On Her TedXBITS Talk
- 5 hrs ago Is There A Link Between Drinking Too Much Water And Blood Pressure?
- 7 hrs ago Kottiyoor Utsavam 2022: Date, Time, History And Significance
- News Delhi riots 2020: HC questions Umar Khalid over use of certain words against PM on speech
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 6 With Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC Coming Soon
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy For Gains Up To 83%
- Automobiles BMW M4 CSL Revealed With 542bhp - Ultralight M4 Drops 100 Kilos, Gains Iconic Badge
- Sports MS Dhoni says he will play for Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2023; Fans go ecstatic!
- Movies Sonu Nigam Shares Interesting Story About Lata Mangeshkar And Her Fear Of Performing On Stage
- Education SSC Junior Engineer 2020 Final Result Declared, Download SSC JE 2020 Final Results On ssc.nic.in
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Recently, in an 'Ask Me Anything' session on Twitter, Shahid Kapoor, one of the famous actors was asked about his favourite south Indian food, to which he replied "Ghee Idli".
Ghee Idli is a famous south Indian dish made with protein-packed lentils like moong dal, urad dal, masoor dal and channa dal. The dish serves as a filling and healthy breakfast option and is yummy, easy to make and light.
Here's how you can prepare ghee idli at home. Take a look.
How To Prepare Ghee Idli
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- Half cup regular rice or idli rice.
- One-fourth cup of urad dal (whole or split black gram)
- One-fourth cup of chana dal (whole or split Bengal gram)
- One-fourth cup of toor dal (whole or split Pigeon pea).
- A tablespoon of ghee
- Two dried red chillies.
- 1-2 teaspoons of oil for greasing.
- One and a half teaspoons of ginger, chopped.
- A pinch of asafoetida or hing.
- 1-2 green chillies.
- Half a teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Half a teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- One-third cup of shallots, a type of onion, chopped.
- One-fourth cup of coriander leaves, chopped.
- 9-10 curry leaves, chopped.
- One-fourth cup of fresh coconut, grated.
- Salt to taste.
- Two cups of water or as desired.
- Rinse all the lentils and rice and soak them in around one and a half cups of water for at least two hours. The best way is to soak them overnight.
- Don't forget to add red dried chillies to the rice and lentils mixture before soaking.
- Once soaked, drain the water and add them to a blender.
- Add around a three-fourth cup of fresh water and blend to form a coarse batter.
- Pour out the batter into a bowl.
- In a pan, heat the ghee and crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add asafoetida, green chillies and ginger and stir until light brown.
- Add the ingredients to the bowl of batter and mix well.
- Let it stand for around half an hour or one hour.
- Once done, add shallots, coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Add salt to taste.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil and pour the batter.
- Steam for around 10 minutes.
- Transfer idlis to a plate and serve hot with sambar or chutneys.
- You can prepare dosa with the same batter.
- Count - 1
- Calories - 355
- Fat - 5 g
- Protein - 15 g
- Carbohydrates - 61 g
- Fiber - 13 g
- Ramadan 2021: Prepare French Fries At Home For Iftar
- Veggie Burger Recipe: Here’s How You Can Make It At Home
- Spinach And Goat Cheese Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home
- Holi 2021 Special: Malpua Recipe To Try At Your Home
- Vada Recipe: How To Make It At Your Home
- Khaman Dhokla Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home In Easy Steps
- Tadka Maggi Recipe: Prepare It With These Easy Steps
- Jalebi Recipe: How To Make Delicious Jalebi At Home
- Healthy and Festive Dairy/Gluten-Free Choco Banana bread
- Pita Bread Recipe: How To Prepare This At Your Home
- White Sauce Pasta Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home
- Veg Spring Roll Recipe: How To Make Veg Roll At Home