- 1 min ago UTIs And Women's Quality Of Life; How Can You Prevent UTIs?
- 1 hr ago Bride-To-Be Kiara Advani's 5 Beauty Looks That Are Super Alluring And Inspirational
- 1 hr ago Remedies For Ulcer: Can Turmeric And Traditional Chinese Remedy Help Ease The Pain?
- 3 hrs ago What Makes Children Picky Eaters? Tips For Parents To Handle Them
- Sports "I felt like we just didn’t execute ours," Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah reflects after Everton Defeat
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Sumbul Touqeer Says Archana Gautam Has A ‘Black Heart’; Reveals Who Has A Golden Heart
- News Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf dies after prolonged illness
- Automobiles Kia India Sells 6.50 Lakh Units Under 4 Years – Automaker Currently Retails 5 Models In The Country
- Finance 3 Stocks With Low P/E, Solid Fundamentals & Robust Dividend Yields
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2T vs Oppo Reno 8: Design, Display, Battery Compared
- Travel Happily Single? Solo Trip Options To Explore Self Love This Valentine
- Education Now, online common entrance exam first for Agniveer recruitment process by Army
Healthy And Nutritous Khichdi With Dalia Recipe
It has been a lazy silent afternoon and you have only slept in snatches. As evening approaches, as any busy housewife, you think of the evening in terms of the recipe lists along with the menu that needs to be perfectly thought out.
Eating healthy is a good choice that you have consciously made off late. Well, whip up something that does not irritate your guts, with masalas lightly blended into the dish. Khichdi is an all-time favourite option, light on the stomach, health-friendly, with loaded flavours of dals and basic spices.
Think of variations If you find the regular moong dal khichdi a little boring. Try your skills with broken wheat, or bulgur, barley, and oats for a change. This easy-to-make, nutritious anytime meal looks perfect as a breakfast, supper or dinner recipe. It may be a humble dish, I agree, but being humble and healthy is the best thing to be.
Khichdi is a little thicker than porridge, soothing on the palate, and easy to digest food which is primarily made of rice and dal. Apart from a bowl of curds, you really do not require any side dish to accompany this.
How To Prepare A Variation Of A Healthy Khichdi With Dalia
A Variation Of A Healthy Khichdi With Dalia
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Breakfast/Supper/Dinner/One dish meal
• broken wheat (dalia) , washed and drained-3/4 cup
• yellow moong dal (split yellow gram) , washed and drained-2 tbsp
• turmeric powder (haldi)- 1/4 tsp
• salt to taste
• oil-2 tbsp
• cumin seeds (jeera)- 1 tsp
• curry leaves (kadi patta)-4
• garlic (lehsun) paste-1 tsp
• ginger (adrak) paste-1/2 tsp
• finely chopped onions-1/2 cup
• finely chopped tomatoes-1/2 cup
• chilli powder-2 tsp
• pav bhaji masala-1 tsp
• finely chopped coriander (dhania)- 2 tbsp
• lemon juice-2 tsp
• Fresh curd
1. Let us see how Dalia can be turned into a super slurpy Khichdi.
2. Combine the Dalia, moong dal, turmeric, a dash of salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure pan. Blend in the ingredients well. Pressure cooks until three whistles.
3. Turn on the heat and pour oil in a deep wok, and splutter some cumin seeds and curry leaves in it. Give it a quick simmer.
4. While it is on the sim, add the tangy garlic ginger paste, and cubes of onions.
5. After about 2 minutes, toss in some tomato pieces, along with 1 tbsp of water, blend in well and cook on simmer for 2 minutes.
6. It is time to add the chilli powder along with a liberal spoon of Pav bhaji masala, and continue to cook for one more minute.
7. Add the cooked Dalia moong dal mixture, and one and a half cups of water, and then salt.
8. Mix well, and let it simmer for 2 more minutes.
9. Squeeze the lemon juice and sprinkle coriander leaves.
10. Serve Dalia khichdi hot with plain or masala curds.
- People - 4-5
- calories - 117 calories
- Fat - 0.5 g
- Protein - 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates - 23.2 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Fiber - 2.4 g
- How To Prepare A Nutritious Ragi Laddu With Dry Fruits Recipe
- How To Prepare The Easy Vegetarian Tacos Recipe
- How To Prepare Forgotten Yet Very Delicoius Mor Kali Recipe
- How To Prepare A Filling And Healthy Curd Upma Recipe
- How To Prepare Thick And Soupy Matar Ka Nimona Recipe
- Year Ender 2022: Top 10 Most Ordered Desserts In India
- Year Ender 2022: Top 10 Most Ordered Snacks On Food Apps In India
- How To Prepare Vegetarian Hakka Noodles Recipe
- How to Prepare A Piquant Spicy Tuvar Dal Recipe
- How To Prepare A Festive Tilwali Bhuni Khichdi Recipe For Sankranti
- How To Prepare Nutrient dense Radish Kofta Recipe
- How to Prepare Tongue Tickling Crispy Bhindi Kurkuri Recipe