- 49 min ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 2 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 2 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Uthappa hundred takes Kerala to 276/3 as Delhi spinners falter on opening day
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 64 - Will Madhurima And Vishal Give A Second Chance To Their Broken Relationship?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- News Honeypreet meets Sirsa Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim at Rohtak jail
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Falafel or felafel is a deep-fried ball, doughnut or patty made from ground chickpeas, fava beans, or both. This recipe uses falafel patty as the base in the burger. Usually we use aloo patty or a meat patty but falafel patty is quite a different and tasty option.
You can make this easy recipe of a burger at home. Falafel is basically considered healthier than the aloo patty since it is made from chickpeas.
Here is a simple recipe on how to make a vegetarian burger. Read and follow the step-by-step procedure.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Snack
Chickpeas from a can - 2 cups
Onion (finely chopped) - 1 medium
Garlic cloves (crushed) - 2
Ground coriander - 2 tsp
Ground cumin - 2 tsp
Flat-leaf parsley (chopped) - small pack
Plain flour - 2 tbsp
Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
Hummus - 1cup
Burger buns (cut in half) - 4
Watercress to serve
1. Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas thoroughly, and then put into the bowl of a food processor.
2. Pulse until lightly broken up into coarse crumbs.
3. Add the onion, garlic, spices, parsley, flour and some seasoning, and continue to pulse until combined.
4. Using your hands, gently form the mixture into 4 patties about 10 cm in diameter and 2 cm thick.
5. In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the falafels on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
6. Lightly griddle the burger buns on the cut side in a griddle pan, or toast under the grill.
7. Spread one side of each bun with hummus, top with a falafel burger.
8. Add a handful of watercress, then pop the remaining bun half on top.
- 1. You may need to fry the falafel in batches by making sure they do not touch each other.
- 2. You can also bake the falafel instead of frying.
- Serving Size - 1 burger
- Calories - 476 cal
- Fat - 15 g
- Protein - 17 g
- Carbohydrates - 63 g
- Sugar - 5 g
- Dietary Fibre - 7 g