- 1 hr ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Pre-Shave Oil For The Smoothest Beard Finish: How To Use
- 15 hrs ago Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- Technology Amazon iQOO Neo Series Quiz Answers: Win iQOO Neo 6 5G
- Movies Aneri Vajani Talks About Her Preparations For Khatron Ke Khiladi 12; Reveals If She Is Open For Bigg Boss
- News Akhilesh Yadav tweets image of banner barring BJP workers from entering police station
- Finance Paradeep Phosphates Shares Close Below Listing Price On Day 1 On Bourses
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki’s Upcoming Creta Rival Will Sport Hybrid Powertrain
- Sports French Open: Alcaraz delivers 'absolute clinic' to crush Korda hopes in Roland Garros romp
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Dating back to the medieval times, carrot and cardamom cake was one of the most popular desserts then. Originally known as carrot pudding, carrot was used as a natural sweetener earlier, making the cake so very healthy.
The cake is kept moist with carrots, and lightly spiced with cardamom and this recipe made by Chef Nidhi is inspired by Nordic desserts. Carrot-laced desserts are a staple in Stockholm - where sweet and savoury work their magic in tandem.
Recipe By: Chef Neha Lakhani
Recipe Type: Desserts
For Cream Cheese Frosting
Unsalted butter - ½ cup
Cream cheese - 400 g
Powdered sugar - 4 cups
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
For The Cake:
Sugar - 1 cup
Brown sugar - ½ cup
Vanilla - 2 tsp
Eggs - 4
Carrots, finely shredded - 3 cups
Flour - 2 cups
Self-rising flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Salt - ½ tsp
Zest of one orange
Vegetable oil - ¾th cup
Yogurt, plain - ¾th cup
Method For Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. To make the cream cheese frosting, you need to take a bowl and add cream butter and cream cheese along with powdered sugar, vanilla essence and salt.
2. Beat all the ingredients well to achieve a smooth consistency. Keep it aside.
Method For The Cake:
1. Take a bowl and put eggs and sugar in the same and beat them continuously in one direction until the mixture turns faint yellow.
2. Now, add vanilla essence and mix the same in the mixture by folding method.
3. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon.
4. Add carrots and orange zest and coat the flour mixture to them.
5. Add flour mixture, oil and yogurt, to the egg mixture we made earlier. Stir the mixture gently until they are combined.
6. Preheat the oven to 160 degree.
7. Grease and sprinkle some flour onto two 8-inch cake pans.
8. Gently pour the batter - dividing equally - into the pans.
9. Bake for an hour till it turns golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack completely.
10. Then turn the container upside down and take the cake out.
11. Now, frost the cake with the cream cheese frosting thickly.
12. You can serve the same with tea or coffee or can eat it as a dessert.
- 1. The more finer the carrots are shredded, the more evenly distributed it is while making the cake.
- 2. Brown sugar is used to make the carrot cake richer and darker.
- Serving size - 1 piece
- Calories - 719 cal
- Fat - 38 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 118 g
- Sugar - 79 g
- Dietary fibre - 3 g
- Amazing Carrot, Spinach & Lemon Juice For Removing Toxins From The Body
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: Carrot-Apple-Pomegranate Juice For Hemoglobin And Weight Loss
- Incredible Benefits Of Carrot For Skin
- How To Make ABC Detox Drink
- Benefits Of Carrot For Skin Care
- Top 12 Foods That Are Rich In Folate
- Homemade Vegetable Face Packs For Glowing Skin
- Red Lentil And Carrot Soup Recipe: How To Prepare Spiced Carrot And Lentil Soup
- Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe: How To Prepare Carrot Halwa
- Carrot Kheer Recipe: How To Make Carrot Payasam
- Here Is A Completely Natural Remedy To Cure Stomach Ache!
- Remedies For Excessive Blinking