- 7 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2021: Aditi Rao Hydari Will Inspire You To Keep It Simple And Not Deck Up Too Much!
- 10 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Would Make You Want To Up Your Street-Style Wardrobe With Pink Outfits
- 11 hrs ago Dhaakad Promotions: Kangana Ranaut Looks Straight Out From The 60s Era In Her Yellow And Black Plaid Dress
- 12 hrs ago Happy Valmiki Jayanti 2021: Wishes, Messages, Quotes, Images, Facebook And Whatsapp Status
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 19 Highlights: Donal Bisht And Vidhi Pandya Get Eliminated From The House
- Technology Google Tensor Processor Powering The Pixel 6 Series Explained
- News Ex-Punjab CM Amarinder Singh to launch his own political party, 'hopeful of seat arrangement' with BJP
- Sports Sindhu should prioritise winning All England title: Padukone
- Finance India's Gold Demand Subdued In 2021, Drivers Of Gold Demand: WGC
- Automobiles Tata Punch Launched: Variant-Wise Features And Price
- Education TS Intermediate 1st Year Hall Ticket 2021 Released At tsbie.cgg.gov.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Tamil Nadu's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Dating back to the medieval times, carrot and cardamom cake was one of the most popular desserts then. Originally known as carrot pudding, carrot was used as a natural sweetener earlier, making the cake so very healthy.
The cake is kept moist with carrots, and lightly spiced with cardamom and this recipe made by Chef Nidhi is inspired by Nordic desserts. Carrot-laced desserts are a staple in Stockholm - where sweet and savoury work their magic in tandem.
Recipe By: Chef Neha Lakhani
Recipe Type: Desserts
For Cream Cheese Frosting
Unsalted butter - ½ cup
Cream cheese - 400 g
Powdered sugar - 4 cups
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
For The Cake:
Sugar - 1 cup
Brown sugar - ½ cup
Vanilla - 2 tsp
Eggs - 4
Carrots, finely shredded - 3 cups
Flour - 2 cups
Self-rising flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Salt - ½ tsp
Zest of one orange
Vegetable oil - ¾th cup
Yogurt, plain - ¾th cup
Method For Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. To make the cream cheese frosting, you need to take a bowl and add cream butter and cream cheese along with powdered sugar, vanilla essence and salt.
2. Beat all the ingredients well to achieve a smooth consistency. Keep it aside.
Method For The Cake:
1. Take a bowl and put eggs and sugar in the same and beat them continuously in one direction until the mixture turns faint yellow.
2. Now, add vanilla essence and mix the same in the mixture by folding method.
3. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon.
4. Add carrots and orange zest and coat the flour mixture to them.
5. Add flour mixture, oil and yogurt, to the egg mixture we made earlier. Stir the mixture gently until they are combined.
6. Preheat the oven to 160 degree.
7. Grease and sprinkle some flour onto two 8-inch cake pans.
8. Gently pour the batter - dividing equally - into the pans.
9. Bake for an hour till it turns golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack completely.
10. Then turn the container upside down and take the cake out.
11. Now, frost the cake with the cream cheese frosting thickly.
12. You can serve the same with tea or coffee or can eat it as a dessert.
- 1. The more finer the carrots are shredded, the more evenly distributed it is while making the cake.
- 2. Brown sugar is used to make the carrot cake richer and darker.
- Serving size - 1 piece
- Calories - 719 cal
- Fat - 38 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 118 g
- Sugar - 79 g
- Dietary fibre - 3 g