- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- 3 hrs ago Maharana Pratap Jayanti: 16 Lesser Known Facts About The Great Rajput King
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 25 May 2020
- 20 hrs ago What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Eid Mubarak 2020: Mahesh Babu, Chiranjeevi & Other Wish Fans On Eid-Al-Fitr
- News Cyclone Amphan: Kolkata residents continue to stage protest to restore power, water supply
- Sports La Liga boss wants June 11 Seville derby to restart season
- Automobiles Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Dating back to the medieval times, carrot and cardamom cake was one of the most popular desserts then. Originally known as carrot pudding, carrot was used as a natural sweetener earlier, making the cake so very healthy.
The cake is kept moist with carrots, and lightly spiced with cardamom and this recipe made by Chef Nidhi is inspired by Nordic desserts. Carrot-laced desserts are a staple in Stockholm - where sweet and savoury work their magic in tandem.
Recipe By: Chef Neha Lakhani
Recipe Type: Desserts
For Cream Cheese Frosting
Unsalted butter - ½ cup
Cream cheese - 400 g
Powdered sugar - 4 cups
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
For The Cake:
Sugar - 1 cup
Brown sugar - ½ cup
Vanilla - 2 tsp
Eggs - 4
Carrots, finely shredded - 3 cups
Flour - 2 cups
Self-rising flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Salt - ½ tsp
Zest of one orange
Vegetable oil - ¾th cup
Yogurt, plain - ¾th cup
Method For Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. To make the cream cheese frosting, you need to take a bowl and add cream butter and cream cheese along with powdered sugar, vanilla essence and salt.
2. Beat all the ingredients well to achieve a smooth consistency. Keep it aside.
Method For The Cake:
1. Take a bowl and put eggs and sugar in the same and beat them continuously in one direction until the mixture turns faint yellow.
2. Now, add vanilla essence and mix the same in the mixture by folding method.
3. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon.
4. Add carrots and orange zest and coat the flour mixture to them.
5. Add flour mixture, oil and yogurt, to the egg mixture we made earlier. Stir the mixture gently until they are combined.
6. Preheat the oven to 160 degree.
7. Grease and sprinkle some flour onto two 8-inch cake pans.
8. Gently pour the batter - dividing equally - into the pans.
9. Bake for an hour till it turns golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack completely.
10. Then turn the container upside down and take the cake out.
11. Now, frost the cake with the cream cheese frosting thickly.
12. You can serve the same with tea or coffee or can eat it as a dessert.
- 1. The more finer the carrots are shredded, the more evenly distributed it is while making the cake.
- 2. Brown sugar is used to make the carrot cake richer and darker.
- Serving size - 1 piece
- Calories - 719 cal
- Fat - 38 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 118 g
- Sugar - 79 g
- Dietary fibre - 3 g