- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 4 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 6 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Actor Vijay Verma Is All Set To Star In Reema Kagti’s New Web Series Titled Fallen
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Sports Guwahati T20 International: BCCI, Assam CA to 'monitor' situation
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Broccoli pesto pizza is a pizza which has a pesto base with broccoli toppings and lots of feta cheese. It is garnished with rocket leaves and pine nuts. It sounds really yummy and tastes delicious too.
Here, in the recipe, we are making a pizza base at home. In case you want to skip that, you can bring home a ready-made pizza base as well. Try this easy-peasy recipe at home and satiate your craving for a nice pesto pizza.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Pizza
Pack ciabatta bread mix - ½ kg
Broccoli (cut into florets, stalk cut into even-sized chunks) - 1 large
Pine nuts - 2 tbsp
Garlic clove, crushed - 1
Olive oil, plus extra for drizzling - 3-4 tbsp
Ricotta - 7-8 tbsp
Bag rocket - a few leaves for garnishing
1. Make the dough for the pizza by following the instructions as provided on the package.
2. Knead and pat into a ball.
3. Cut the dough in half and shape into two large discs on a lightly floured surface - use a rolling pin, if you like.
4. Leave to prove on two greased baking sheets covered with a cling film for 10-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the pesto ready.
6. Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil.
7. Tip in all the broccoli, bring it to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
8. Drain and cool under cold running water.
9. Transfer to a large bowl of a food processor with the pine nuts, garlic and some seasoning.
10. Grind it until it is a nice creamy mixture and then gradually pour in the oil while the processor is on - the mixture should be the consistency of a pesto sauce. Season to taste, and then set aside.
11. Heat the oven to 220 degree C.
12. Spread the broccoli pesto over both the bases, leaving a 2 cm edge for the crust, and drizzle with a little olive oil.
13. Bake for 25 minutes or until the base is golden and cooked through.
14. Dot over the ricotta and scatter a handful of the rocket over each.
15. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a good grinding of black pepper.
- 1. Feta cheese can be sprinkled on top for additional flavouring.
- Serving size - 1 pizza
- Calories - 942 cal
- Fat - 67 g
- Protein - 24 g
- Carbohydrates - 57 g
- Sugar - 5 g
- Dietary fibre - 6 g