- 5 hrs ago Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- 6 hrs ago This Wedding Season, Make Your Cocktail Evening Special With These Brand New Outfit Ideas
- 7 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2019: 5 Alluring Make-up Looks From The Bollywood Divas For This Karwa Chauth
- 8 hrs ago Teratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- News Why will Mount Everest's height be re-measured?
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Technology Oppo A9 2020 Receives Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India
- Automobiles Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Apricot glazed chicken is a saucy slow-cooked chicken, which is an intersection of sweet and savoury flavours. Have you ever cooked chicken with apricot? No?
Chef Ajay Thakur gives us a unique recipe of the apricot glazed chicken to savour. Apricot gives a unique fruity richness to the dish. So, have a look at the ingredients required and the procedure to follow.
Recipe By: Chef Ajay Thakur
Recipe Type: Main Course
Apricot preserves - 3 tbsp
Red wine vinegar - 2 tbsp
Extra-virgin olive oil - 1½ tbsp
Garlic clove - 1
Bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned - 2
Bone-in chicken thighs, skinned - 2
Chicken drumsticks, skinned - 2
Fine sea salt - ½ tsp
Freshly ground black pepper - ¼th tsp
- Take a small bowl and add the 4 ingredients - apricot preserves, red wine vinegar, olive oil and garlic clove together in it and stir it well.
- Now, the grilling part comes in, so prepare a grill for indirect grilling.
- If you are using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high flame and leave one side with no heat.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- Take chicken and keep it at room temperature for the next 30 minutes, so that it comes down to a normal temperature.
- Take a big bowl and sprinkle some salt and pepper on chicken evenly and coat the chicken with cooking spray, so that it can be cooked nicely.
- Chicken's meaty sides are to be placed down on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat.
- Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or until it has turned brown.
- Now, it's time to turn chicken over and baste the chicken with the apricot mixture.
- Again, grill for 5 more minutes over direct heat or until it has turned brown.
- It is now time to turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat and basting with apricot mixture.
- Cover the chicken and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over once it is done from a single side, baste with apricot mixture and cook for 20 minutes or until it is done.
- 1. We can use either a gas grill or charcoal grill.
- 2. We use the cooking spray to cook the chicken because without oil it will be difficult to cook the meat. A little oil is always necessary.
- Serving size - 1 breast
- Calories - 381 cal
- Fat - 14 g
- Protein - 36.3 g
- Carbohydrates - 35 g
- Sugar - 20 g