- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Automobiles Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Apricot glazed chicken is a saucy slow-cooked chicken, which is an intersection of sweet and savoury flavours. Have you ever cooked chicken with apricot? No?
Chef Ajay Thakur gives us a unique recipe of the apricot glazed chicken to savour. Apricot gives a unique fruity richness to the dish. So, have a look at the ingredients required and the procedure to follow.
Recipe By: Chef Ajay Thakur
Recipe Type: Main Course
Apricot preserves - 3 tbsp
Red wine vinegar - 2 tbsp
Extra-virgin olive oil - 1½ tbsp
Garlic clove - 1
Bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned - 2
Bone-in chicken thighs, skinned - 2
Chicken drumsticks, skinned - 2
Fine sea salt - ½ tsp
Freshly ground black pepper - ¼th tsp
- Take a small bowl and add the 4 ingredients - apricot preserves, red wine vinegar, olive oil and garlic clove together in it and stir it well.
- Now, the grilling part comes in, so prepare a grill for indirect grilling.
- If you are using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high flame and leave one side with no heat.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- Take chicken and keep it at room temperature for the next 30 minutes, so that it comes down to a normal temperature.
- Take a big bowl and sprinkle some salt and pepper on chicken evenly and coat the chicken with cooking spray, so that it can be cooked nicely.
- Chicken's meaty sides are to be placed down on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat.
- Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or until it has turned brown.
- Now, it's time to turn chicken over and baste the chicken with the apricot mixture.
- Again, grill for 5 more minutes over direct heat or until it has turned brown.
- It is now time to turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat and basting with apricot mixture.
- Cover the chicken and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over once it is done from a single side, baste with apricot mixture and cook for 20 minutes or until it is done.
- 1. We can use either a gas grill or charcoal grill.
- 2. We use the cooking spray to cook the chicken because without oil it will be difficult to cook the meat. A little oil is always necessary.
- Serving size - 1 breast
- Calories - 381 cal
- Fat - 14 g
- Protein - 36.3 g
- Carbohydrates - 35 g
- Sugar - 20 g
- 15 Foods That May Help Prevent The Common Cold
- 10 Tips On How To Prevent Bird Flu In Humans
- Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And Its Health Benefits
- What Happens When We Drink Milk After Eating Chicken
- Chicken VS Turkey Nutrition
- 10 Foods High In Selenium Content
- 10 Foods Not To Eat Past Their Expiry Date
- Top 10 Foods That Can Turn Toxic When Cooked
- 10 Low-calorie Foods For Weight Loss
- Top Vitamin B5 Rich Foods To Include In Your Diet
- Vitamin B3 Benefits And Its Food Sources
- 10 Foods That Reduce Excess Stomach Acid